Part-24

The children's park where Arnav and Khushi reached was mostly empty due to the slight drizzling.

Kushi who was sitting in the shadowed sitting bench was quiet and looking at the lily pond near them.Arnav slowly started the conversation.

Arnav:
Kushi are you ou ok?
.
.
.
Look I want to apologise behalf of my family.
.
.
My dadi and Nani liked you a lot and they wanted to see how your family thought about us getting hitched.
.
.
I hope you and your family didn't take the weekend as an insult or something.

Kushi:

Who was turning her head at the pond looked at Arnav with the moistened eyes.

Sir there is nothing you have to feel guilty or apologize for.

And I am so honoured that elders liked me that much, and their love is something precious.

I wanted to let you know a couple of things sir.

I am not biological daughter of bauji but I am their distant relative,my bauji ji and my dad were childhood friends.

I was only told that my birth parents were dead in a car accident and my amma and bauji took me with them.

But my bauji always says that my parents loved me a lot.So I kind of think them as my gaurdian angles and amma bauji as my parents.

For me my life's decisions are at my amma and bauji, who raised me and pampered me so much that I never felt the difference between jiji and the love am I getting.

After a long silence.....

Arnav:

I like you kushi I really do.
But I respect your decision.If you want to wait till Shashi uncle finds about that guy(Aditya Metha),I can understand.

Kushi:

With a yearning look at Arnav.

Even before we met I was your big fan sir, when I started my higher secondary I decided to become a fashion designer just because I was inspired by your work.

After seeing you working dedicatedly and your positive aura pulled me like a fire towards you.

I like you way too much than to let some unknown person to claim me.

(By this time tears were flowing from her eyes.)

Arnav:

Arnav was at a fix but was very happy to hear that Kushi too has feelings for him.

What do you want Kushi?

Kushi:

I don't know sir,I really don't know what to do...

Arnav:

Coming close to kushi he held her hand in his.

You are a talented designer and a devoted daughter Kushi, talk to your family.

I am not going to let you go that easily, whoever comes for you have to face me.So don't worry much and finish your degree with flying colours okey?

Kushi:

Smiling at Arnav.

I can do that sir...

And

Arnav:

Call me Arnav, sir seems so distant.

Kushi:

Arnav ji, it is then.

Arnav:

Come let me drop you.

And Kushi I don't want you to get stressed out okey.

Kushi:

Sure.