Epiglogue

Epiglogue

Two weeks later

A scream filled the baby's room. Bulla quickly ran in to see her mother and her son Mash standing by the dresser. In her mother's hand was the orange dragon ball hat. "Mom?" asked Bulla stuttering. Bulma turned around "Bulla, why does your son have the same hair as Goku?" Quickly Bulla found her posture again and giggled "Goku is not a pirate captain if that's what you think". Bulma lifted her grandson up "but, but" she searched for words. Bulla took over her son "Mash got his hair from his daddy, the tough captain".

A masculine voice sounded behind the women "and now you will tell exactly who this mysterious captain is." Bulla turned and saw her father in the doorway. He had rushed to his wife's scream from his grandson's room. Bulla sat down on the rocking chair and looked at her beautiful little boy "it's Goten, Goten is the captain and the father of Mash". Both her parents were speechless; they just looked at each other questioningly. Bulma was the first to find words "why didn't you say anything?" Bulla pressed Mash against her.

Gently she began to rock "Goten has not had it easy, he must come himself. I'm not the person who can force him back to earth". Bulma stepped up to her "you don't have to force him, but don't you think Goku and Chi-Chi want to know that Goten is okay. And that they have a grandson?" Bulla lowered her eyes "of course, I was hoping Trunks could help him a little bit in that". Vegeta stood up straighter "Trunks? Who's with the Galactic patrol now, how?" Bulla smirked "Yes he is now a pilot with Goten's undercover pirate ship. Who by the way is also a patrolman now".

Vegeta massaged his temples "so if I understand correctly, our son is now a pilot on a pirate ship, but also works for the galactic patrol?" Bulla nodded yes. Bulma walked to the window "and now? How do you expect us to keep this secret?" The young mother kissed her son on the head "now that the cat is out of the bag I'm afraid we will have to arrange a family reunion." Bulla stood up and handed Mash over to her father "I'm going to meditate for a while and then I can get in touch with Goten". Bulma turned around "what how now?" Bulla giggled "we have a physic connection, was something about a purple apple and powers".

Five days later, on the ship The Freedom, Goten buttoned up his blouse while looking in the mirror. For another moment, he slapped a splash of cold water in his face. He hadn't seen his parents or anyone else on earth in eighteen years. That had been exactly his life on earth in years, he ran away at eighteen. His hands felt clammy, his heart was racing. Bulla had arranged a barbecue, quite normal. Then again, what's normal when you're a Briefs? "Okay everyone, earth is in sight in five minutes" Trunk's voice echoed through the ship.

Goten stepped into the cockpit, he sat down next to his best friend Trunks. The purple haired one had a smirk on his face "nervous?" he asked sarcastically. The captain looked at his pilot "you think?" Trunks shook his head "come on, we'll just land very smoothly at a family barbecue and say hello". Goten was silent. Trunks looked forward "do your parents know anything yet?" he asked. Goten shook no "Bulla hasn't told them anything, but they are there". Trunks sighed "heavy, but it's going to be alright buddy".

Bulla walked with Mash on her arm through the large garden of her parents' property. Waving, she greeted the Son family. "Welcome, so good that you can join us." Chi-chi looked at Mash "oh what a cutie, hello little Mash". Goku pointed at his tail "uh your son has a tail, haven't you had it removed yet?" Bulla hugged her son "no, I think it's so cute". A high pitched male voice sounded next to them "yeah cute until the full moon" Krillen had joined them. Bulla smiled widely "oh where is Gohan?"

An arm wrapped around her "we're here!" Happy Bulla turned around "Pan! How nice that you guys are here too! Everyone is together again, this has been forever" Bulla almost couldn't get her smile off her face. Pan put her hands on her hips "Uh where's Trunks?" Bulla walked over to a table "he'll be here soon too; he's on his way with his crew from work". Pan grabbed a strawberry "didn't he work in an office?" Bulla shook no "he became a patrolman". Goku laughed "oh wow, yeah that's definitely a job for Trunks". Vegeta walked into the garden and looked up.

His voice echoed across the garden "we have visitors everyone". Bulma came to stand beside her husband and grabbed his upper arm. Bulla stared upward and held Mash tightly. Goku was the first to catch on that there was a familiar ki on board the ship. He stared at the ship and put a hand on his wife's shoulder. A large metallic gray ship landed on the grass. The door to the cargo hold opened up slowly squeaking and creaking. Bulla stood up and walked over to the ship. The moment the door hit the grass, a familiar shadow stood in the opening.

Bulma joyfully called out "Trunks!" Her son walked out of the ship with a bag over his shoulder "hello everyone". Behind him appeared the squirrel Snip and the big grey muscleman Xomu. Snip pointed to Bulla and Mash "Look Xomu, hadn't I told you exactly the captain". The big over two meter tall man walked timidly over to Bulla "Di di di dii" he called softly. The little Mash looked up and hid shyly against his mother. "Mash not so shy" whispered Bulla. The little one looked back and started to smile.

Goku was still staring at the ship "what's wrong honey?" asked Chi-Chi. Bulla looked up and walked to the entrance of the ship. "Everyone we are now missing one more person. He hasn't been on earth for a while, so please be calm. Actually, I would also like to introduce you to the father of Mash." At that moment, a shadow appeared in door opening and slowly came into the light. Even though Goku already felt his son's ki, he looked surprised. Chi-chi got tears in her eyes "Go-Goten? Son is it really you?" She ran to him and flew around his neck crying.

A wave of startled reactions swept through the garden. Bulla looked proudly at her boyfriend, Mash looked up and started to smile at his Daddy. Gohan walked with big steps to his little brother and wrapped him in his arms "where were you all the time?" he sobbed. Pan ran up to her uncle and hugged him too. But at that moment Vegeta came standing in front of the door "Goten!" he roared. Bulla came to stand between her father and the captain still with Mash on her arm. "Daddy!" she yelled angrily. Goku came to stand next to Vegeta "what are you angry about Vegeta?" he asked innocently.

Goten freed himself from the hugs and stood next to Bulla, he placed a hand on her lower back "it's okay princess, I'm ready for your father". Bulla shook her head "nonsense". She looked at her father "daddy stop this". Mash looked at his grandfather and held out his arms. Vegeta sighed and stepped over to his daughter and took over Mash. Goku tilted his head "what's going on here?" Goten brought his hand to Mash's head and pulled off his beanie "Dad, I want to introduce you to Mash your grandson."

For the second time, a shock wave went through the garden. Chi-chi ran alongside her youngest son and stared at Mash and his typical hairstyle. Tears rolled down her cheeks "he's perfect" she sniffled. Bulla put her arms around Goten "I told you it was going to be okay" she said softly. Goten pressed a kiss to her temple "yes you did princess". Bulma clapped her hands "shall we all go eat?" Vegeta walked away with his grandson on his arm, Goku walked beside him. Goten whispered "you did a fantastic job with this, I love you princess". Bulla leaned against Goten "and I love you my tough captain".