Six

I am so sorry for not updating in so long. Life happened and I didn't work on this fic for too long. Here is an update! Hope you enjoy it.

Seth POV

Sunday

Seth poured himself another cup of coffee. He was unusually tired this morning. It had taken a long time for his brain to stop talking and let him sleep last night. His head was filled with so many questions. 

He had really enjoyed going to the mosque with Ryan. The food was fantastic. He had eaten way too much. And after everyone had eaten their fill, they sat down on the carpeted floor and listened to the speakers. 

Even though his best friend was a Muslim, Seth had known almost nothing about the Islamic faith. That had changed. Now he knew the difference between haram and halal, why it was important to pray five times a day, and the five pillars of Islam. 

Heck, he even had an English translation of The Quran. When he was leaving the mosque he had seen a table filled with Qurans for anyone to take so he had snagged one. Why not. He had expected to be bored at some point during the talks at the mosque, but instead, he had found it fascinating. 

He set his drained coffee mug down in the sink. He would wash it later. A quick glance at the clock told him that it was an acceptable time to arrive at his parent's house unannounced. Time to visit his favorite little sister. 

***

He parked on the street in front of his childhood home. Well, it wasn't really a house, the three-story white brick building was more along the lines of a mansion. It was too big for a family of four, especially when his parents weren't home half of the time. 

He and his little sister, Savanah had been raised by a series of nannies and live-in housekeepers. His parents cared about him, sure. But they had not been overly loving or emotionally available when he was growing up. 

When he was old enough and had saved up enough money, he moved out. Sometimes he felt a little guilty because Savanah was still there. But she was seventeen now and only had a few more months until her birthday. He planned to set her up in her own small apartment when she was ready. And of course, he saw her several times a week. He loved spending time with his sister. Whether it be attempting to cook edible food together (neither of them could cook), or sitting on the couch dissecting old movies. 

He could only spend a few hours with her today. He had several dozen pages of a boring 16th-century novel to get through for his British lit class. Reading was not one of his strengths. He liked reading, he just didn't read very fast. So assigned books had always been hard for him to get through. 

I know that this is not the longest chapter, but have already started on the next chapter. Hoping to upload the next chapter this weekend. Inshallah.