Chapter Two: A New Beginning

Grace's POV: 
I'm just walking to the theatre, thinking about the cult that is being made of all the kids we have adopted, when I see something very strange. Well, it's not that strange at this point, this is about the 10th time it's happened. Anyways, two boys are sitting leaning against the wall next to the theatre doors. They have been beaten up and one looks close to passing out, while the other was already passed out. 

I walk over to them and place my hands gently on their shoulders. One of them immediately starts screaming so I panic. 
"Hey, hey calm down. I'm not going to hurt you! I'm gonna help you." He stops screaming but looks at me with terror filling his eyes. 
"I'm Grace, what are your names? Do you need help?" The only thing he is able to do before he passes out is nod, answering my second question. 

At that moment, just as I am debating what to do with the boys, Vicki turns up. 
"Hey Grace! Hello children? Grace, why are there children here?" 
"I don't know, but you're helping me get them in the theatre." 
"I- okay?" 

We each pick up one of the boys and take them into the theatre and into our dressing rooms. Jaye'J and Lexi are already in when we walk in. We lie the boys down on the sofa we have in the dressing room and start cleaning some of their cuts. 
"You know, maybe we should take them to a hospital to make sure they're okay." Jaye'J says. We then hear a whisper from behind us. 
"No...hospitals. P-please." One of the boys had woken up. I can't tell which since they are identical in every way and I don't know their names. 
"But-" Jaye'J starts before I cut her off. 
"No, if they don't want to go to the hospital, maybe we shouldn't take them." 
Jaye'J raises an eyebrow at me then shrugs. "Okay then. We should still check them to make sure they're okay though." 

I nod and ask the boy "What's your name? I'm Grace." He slowly replies. 
"I-I'm Maxwell. Th-that's my brother Harvey." He points to the other boy. 
"Would you mind telling me what happened earlier?" 

Maxwell's POV: 
The lady just asked a question I didn't know how to answer. Yes, I know what happened, but telling her would mean I would have to tell her we don't have a home. Last time that happened, they took us in. That doesn't seem bad, but they beat us daily. They starved us. They hated us. 

"Um..." Think, Maxwell, think. "Me and my brother were just play fighting. We take that quite seriously. It's nothing bad." 
"Play fighting? You're telling me you and your brother are that injured and you passed out because you were play fighting?" I nod slowly. "Okay, now tell me what really happened." I sigh and give in. I explain to her everything that had happened. All of the people in the room (minus Harvey, he is still unconscious) look shocked. 

I stare at the floor and hear the women whisper to each other. 
"What are you gonna do with us?" I whisper. 
One of the ladies (Grace, I think) thinks for a second then suddenly says, 
"You can stay with me. You both need taking care of and I'm not letting something else like this happen again." The other women look just as shocked as I do. 
"Really?" 

"If you want to…"