Chapter 5: Help!

As the woman watched Emerald go inside the small dorm house, all she could do was smile at the child's curiosity. Soon Emerald will learn that the spell she cast on her was not just a dream spell, but also a mate spell. The spell was meant to help her notice Blake and also to create a link to each other. This link will start as the base for their magic to form, because mermaids are never meant to be alone. Blake is her other half, but as she looks on through the bowl she realizes it will be a while before Emerald notices that.

* * *

For the last 2 weeks, I felt as if I was in a dream. First, I managed to get the girl that I like as my science partner, 'Thank you, Mrs. O'Reilly'. Somewhere in the school Mrs. O'Reilly had the sudden urge to sneeze. Secondly I manage not to make an absolute fool of myself, and lastly I started to notice that she is being more relaxed around me.

With a smile spreading on my face I quickened my pace toward the library. As I opened the door and gave my greeting to the library lady, I looked up to see Emerald only to notice that she had a nice sized bruise on her face. The bruise was such a nice size that I could see it from where I was near the front desk of the library. Rushing over to her, she noticed the look on my face and immediately began placating me. Hearing her words about how she was fine and that the bruise looked worse than it seems, I reached my hand out to gently caress her face. As I was about to touch her I could feel her flinch away from me in weariness and fear. Cursing to myself I immediately said, " What the hell happened?!"

Hearing a 'SHUSH' coming from behind me I gave the librarian an apologetic nod and said more quietly, "What happened to you?"

Sitting my stuff down I missed the look she gave me, as she said, "Why don't you ask your girlfriend."

In confusion, I asked, "What do you mean?"

"I mean the girlfriend that chased me down after school yesterday to tell me that I needed to stay away from you."

"Shit." I said in a whisper

"I know right, I said the same thing when she had her friend grab me." she said in anger.

" That too, but that is not what I meant. "

Looking at me with a confused look she said, "What do you mean?"

"You see, I haven't dated Elizabeth since our sophomore year."

"Then why the hell is she still bothering me about you?"

" I don't know, give me some time and I'll figure it out." I said gently. Start a

Bending over to grab my things I began to pull our things out of my bag. It was then I felt a hand gently grab my forearm looking back over at her with a questioning look, she said, "Since this whole thing happened because of you. How about you do me a favor then?"

"It depends what is the favor?" I said.

"I can't tell you yet.... At least not here. Just meet me at my dormitory around 8 and I will explain."

With those words she grabbed her things left. staring at her retreating back all I could do was wonder what she needed from me, guess I'll find out at 8.

* * *

As I stood outside waiting for Blake I could feel the cool sea breeze seep into my bones. It was as if the sea knew what we were about to do, and just decided to wait. 'Crack', turning around from the sudden noise, I realized it was only Blake and settled my nerves a bit. Noticing my gaze he came to my side and asked, " Now, what is this favor, and why do we have to meet up at lights out to do it?"

Taking in a big breath, I told him the story and only omitted the personal parts, and after explaining the whole thing to him he gave me a weird look.

"So you expect me to go running around in the woods for a weird woman that told you that she needed your help?"

"Yes." I said

"And even though you know how stupid this is your still going to do this?" he questioned further.

"Yes."

"Shit, ok." he said in a tired tone.

"Really!" I whispered yelled

With a nod of his head, I excitedly did a little happy dance as I heard him chuckle. Next I grabbed the bag I had for just in case measures and grabbed his hand. "Alright then, let's go." I said as I began to pull him along.

"Alright, alright. But if I'm going to do this, you have to let me carry the bag." and like that he suddenly twisted the bag out of my grasp and walked forward.