9

"Zhongli..." 

"Hm?" Zhongli took off his shirt and threw it into the laundry basket lurking in his corner. He hadn't been able to hop into the shower yet since Childe had called his name about three times since entering the apartment. 

"Zhongli..." Childe sighed, resting his forehead against the wall. He lightly hit the wall with his head. 

"Are you going to finish your sentence?" 

"My apartment is fixed." 

"Will you be returning then?" 

"I..." 

Zhongli turned around to face Childe and put his hands on his hips, staring at the disaster who kept hitting his head on the wall. "I think I understand what's going on here." Zhongli stepped forward toward Childe and turned him around so he'd stop hitting his head. He pressed his finger up against the red mark. "You have something you'd like to ask me, hm? But since you don't want to feel like a burden you're hoping I'll offer." Zhongli smirked slightly. "I'm not going to offer. You're going to have to tell me what you want." He moved his hand to cup Childe's face, tracing his lips with his thumb and then removing his hand. Childe grabbed it, returning it to where it was. 

Childe grabbed Zhongli's shoulders and pushed him up against the wall. He placed his hand by his head and moved his leg in between Zhongli's, up to his crotch. "Why are you being mean to me all of the sudden? I can be mean too." 

"Are you going to make me ask you?" 

"Tell me the sexy words, big boy," Childe blurted out, wanting to cringe immediately after. 

"Pfhaha," Zhongli laughed, a real laugh, not a chuckle. Childe blushed. He wasn't quite sure if he was blushing because he was being laughed at or because Zhongli's laugh was beautiful. "Is it really that difficult for you to ask me? You're such an enigma. You found it easy to ask me to have sex with you but you can't ask this?" 

"That's because I would need monetary help too. I can't afford to cancel my lease...I've got a year left." 

"Do you think I wouldn't want to help you?" 

"I..." Childe glanced away. "I'm not sure where we're at right now. Wouldn't it be a lot for me to live here permanently?" 

"You've already been here quite a bit." 

"But...what if we get into a really big fight and you don't like me anymore?" 

"Those are very big ifs." 

"Are you going to promise to be my boyfriend forever? It'll be easier for me to ask then..." 

"I can't promise you that-" 

"See? I told you..." Childe took a step back and held his face in his hands. 

Zhongli grabbed his hands and took them off of his face. "You didn't let me finish." 

"I can't handle the confirmation of a future breakup right now so of course I didn't let you fin-" 

Zhongli placed his hand over Childe's mouth, it was his turn to push him up against the wall. Childe flinched, panicking slightly since he hadn't seen Zhongli look this agitated before. He sighed, face immediately softening a bit. Childe relaxed but his heart continued beating furiously. 

"I can't promise to be your boyfriend forever because that would mean I would never have the chance to be your husband." Childe started crying so Zhongli removed his hand from Childe's mouth. "I apologize, I didn't mean to make you cry..." 

Childe looped his arms around Zhongli and hugged him, hiding his face in the crook of his neck as tears fell on his skin. "Is it okay if I live with you?...permanently?"