Chapter 10: Route 6

We all ran to the PokeMart breakfast buffet, since we were all starving. We took our plates and piled everything on: Barry got everything, literally, White got eggs with cheese and bacon, and I got an omelet with beans. We sat down at a table by the window. Barry started scarfing it all up.

"So whats the plan after breakfast?" he said after swallowing ginger with his chopsticks. I ate my beans, letting Riolu pick at my omelet with his fork. I looked at the clock yet again, and if you wanted to know again, the time was 4:16.

'Well," I started, "we will head to..." I gazed at the map of Kanto, "... We will head to Saffron City, and defeat the gym, then I want to see Silph Co.'s building since my family uses their items."

"Alright, nice plan, but remember, Team Rocket.." White took out her Kirlia and gave her a berry. I waved her away, but regretted it, because she was right.

"I know," I said when she looked at me. "Team Rocket. They're noted. Barry," Barry stopped chewing on a bunch of noodles to listen. "You have your regular Pokemon, right?" He beamed and nodded, then resumed chewing.

"Great. Now after breakfast, we are heading to Saffron."

oOo

Soon, we were on Route 6. It was breezy and quite chilly, and there was alot of dew-stained tall grass. Nearby, there was a giant lake. The whole route looked like a maze. I took a glance at White's map over her shoulder.

"Easier seen than done," I mumbled, and White giggled. Riolu and Kirlia were enjoying laughs with Barry while all riding on his Torterra.

"Tamaki! We will probably get to Saffron City at... 2, if we go nonstop." 2?!

"No! We have to get there at noon! I didn't have any breakfast! We could't just smuggle food in our bags and call it 'leftovers'!"

"Why would we smuggle food? That idea is like having Barry get head lice. Not in." Barry looked over.

"Hey! I do not have head lice!"

"I was making a point." He nodded and went back to laughing with me and White's Pokemon. I crossed my arms to show I wasn't done with the subject.

"Well, still. Maybe Barry has head lice, but he hides it and resists scratching." Barry jumped off his Torterra and marched over to me. A few wrestles later, I ended up in the lake, Barry standing over me. He is, surprisingly, strong.

"Barry!" I gasped, inhaling a mouthful of foul water. It made me cough and spit it out. Barry,however, didn't even move. He bent down so that his face was foot from mine.

"One more time," he said with an evil smile. "I DO NOT have head lice." No need, I got what I deserved. He held out his hand for me to grab. I ungratefully took it, and we sloshed out of the lake. White was just standing there, watching us.

"Don't bother. I had it coming." White showed a 'you were warned' smile, then we were off to Saffron City.

Barry, the kid.

White, the other kid.

Me, the saturated risk-taker.

Whats worse? We got to Saffron by 3:47.