Chapter 18

Riddhima’s POV

After I returned back to my place, I could sense that physically I was present in Chennai but mentally I was still in Shimla. Even though I just spent few days there, it was enough to leave a permanent impact in my life. Her  beauty was so captivating that I felt I was still under her spell.

I realized that maybe I was missing someone else but I denied it because it was wrong on my part, so wrong.

I was showing my mom all the pictures that we had taken.

“Wait, I think I have seen this blue eyed guy somewhere”, mom said pointing towards Raj.

“You might have seen him in the locality since he is our neighbor. He lives here with Vihaan”, I said pointing towards Vihaan in the picture.

“OH I see! But I have seen him somewhere-“, she was cut by the landline which started to ring.

As she went to pick it up, I started seeing other pictures. Just then my eyes landed on the pic of Raj and I which was taken in the hill top restaurant.

I opened it and saw. Raj had wrapped around my shoulder giving a playful smile and I actually seemed very happy. As Ruhi said, the picture was perfect.

My mind started drifting to the things that had happened in shimla. The kiss that was about to happen, the gifts exchange, kiss that he gave on my cheek…. I somehow stopped my mind from thinking further.

I had to wait for a month to finally meet him. My mind had no idea whether the "him" was Suraj or Raj.

After a month

My college had begun and I met up with all my friends. I had given the gift I had brought for Suraj from shimla.

“Wow! Nice souvenir. I am sorry, I didn’t bring anything for you from Goa.”, he said apologetically.

“No problem”, I Said with a smile.

“No, I feel so guilty”, he uttered with his head down.

I placed a hand on his shoulder and said,”See it’s not necessary that you give me a gift since I gave you one. And please I am not a materialistic person”.

“Ok”, he said but I knew that I couldn’t convince him.

“Hi Ridhz and Suraj!”, Vihaan said as he, Ruhi and Raj made an entrance.

I stiffened in seeing Raj after so many days. God I missed him so much. I took a while to come back to my senses and reply,”Hi,How are you guys?”.

“Horrible. Thank God college started otherwise I would have died due to boredom”, Ruhi said dramatically.

The classes went on as usual.

A month had passed. Ruhi and I decided a sleepover at my place. we changed into our night clothes and jumped on my bed. I couldn’t hide it from her anymore.

“Ruhi, I have something to confess!”, I said as I turned towards her.

“Wow! Now this night is going to be interesting!”, Ruhi said as she jumped turning towards me.

“Umm.. I.. umm… I dunno ..how to..say”, I stammered

“Just spit it out, for crying out loud”,Ruhi shouted.