Having a kid

Tay's P.O.V

I woke up with no Jenna beside, thinking she probably went outside or is taking a shower. When I got up I headed towards the door with a little sticky note on it.

Dear Tay, I'm going with Alex, Jack, Vic, and Jaime to the town to find other necessary things for the cabin. Be safe and stop poking your arm, Taylor. Leave it alone and it'll heal. Now go enjoy your breakfast with Kellin. Bye. Jenna xx

I let out a small chuckle, knowing Jenna would say something about me poking my arm. I grabbed the sticky note and went out to the living room where Kellin sat.

"Woah, a zombie!" Kellin joked, "Oh shush." I flipped him off, taking a seat next to him.

"Where did everyone go?" Kellin asked and I gave him the sticky note that Jenna has left. Kellin read the note and chuckled. "Jenna is right. You do need to stop poking your arm. It'll heal, so calm down Jardine."

"It was a deep enough cut. I think it'll heal in a week or so. Well I'm hoping it heals in a week."

Kellin reached over and tried to poke my arm, but I slapped his hand away, "No. Bad Kellin." I pointed a finger at him, "Whatever." He rolled his eyes.

"Did you eat breakfast?" I looked over at Kellin who was looking at a comic book, "No, not yet." his eyes glued to the comic. I took the book away from him and dragged him outside.

"Hey what the hell!" Kellin snatched the book away from me, "I was reading that."

"Well put it away and lets eat."

"Hey, no fighting." Rian came out from his cabin with Tony and Zack following behind. Tony put out plates and forks for everyone who was eating and Rian put eggs on our plates.

"Where did the rest of the group go?" Zack asks, taking a seat next to Kellin, "Jenna left a note that said they were going to the town for necessary stuff for the cabin." I replied, taking a bite of the eggs.

"Did I cook well?" Rian asks smiling, "No." Kellin said with a straight face, "Im joking! Yeah the eggs are good."

"He would've kicked your ass." I laughed, "Yeah, probably." Rian smiled innocently at Kellin.

When we were done eating in silence, the 5 of us decided to go to the lake that Jenna and I saw last night on our little walk. The water was so clean, blue, and warm.

"Watch this place go down hell," Tony says, "We can't really stay here forever we need to move on sooner or later."

He is right. We can't stay here forever, this place will get discovered by zombies. Things won't last forever, everything is just temporary.

"Yeah, let's just enjoy this zombie-free place." I sighed.

Kellin and I walked to the other side of the lake, took off our shoes, sat down and put them in the warm water.

"What's that?" Kellin pointed behind me to a small backpack, "It's just a backpack." I say getting up and walking towards it.

I picked it up, seeing it was smudged with blood, probably the zombies or the person. In the backpack I found a small teddy bear, flashlight, batteries, two canned foods, a small blanket, and a family photo with two parents and a girl who seems to be the age of 7.

"What is it?" Kellin got up and walk towards me, looking inside the backpack  "Do you think it's the little girls?"

"I think so, Kell. It's sad to think that little kids died from the apocalypse." I sighed, "Just sad."