Chapter 5

Jeanne stopped the bean to see if the people she pursue are still alive. But the results were that they escaped. Jeanne clicked her tongue but her master, Luca, saw what she did. "Jeanne!" Luca called as Jeanne saw him, "Master Luca!? It's too dangerous here! Hide somewhere safe, please-!" Jeanne said but Luca placed his hands on her cheeks, "Jeanne! You mustn't kill!!" Luca said as Jeanne's eyes widen, being reminded of what she is supposed to be doing. "You aren't a bourreau anymore! You're my chevalier, remember!?" Luca said as Jeanne lowered her face. "Yes... I'm very sorry, Master Luca." Jeanne said as she calmed down.

*~~~~~~~~~~*

Meanwhile, you three rested in a factory of building gears. "Noé, take off your coat. I'll stop the bleeding." You said as Noé held his left shoulder filled with blood. "It isn't a problem, it'll heal in seconds. But I am more concerned about you, Y/N... Your arm." Noé said as you both glimpse at your dominant arm, "I'll be fine-! N-Noé!" You said but Noé took your arm, tear a part of his jacket and wrapped it around your shoulder. You blush while this is happening but you looked away, hoping Noé didn't see your red cheeks. Conversations between Vanitas and Noé build up while you saw every last drop of your blood from your blooded sleeve to your handkerchief. While you do that, you thought about a plan to get rid of the HellFire Witch but then the idea struck you... "That's it..." You mumbled while Noé looked at you while he placed a hand on Vanitas, who was earlier laughing out loud, "What's it?" Vanitas asked as both boys saw you smirk, "I know how to win against the HellFire Witch." You said as Vanitas gulped and Noé just stared at you.

*~~~~~~~~*

Moments later, Noé was running away from Jeanne when she attempted to pounce on him but Noé was fast enough to dodge it. Jeanne menacing eyes of red glow bright asking where you are, like she requested You revealed yourself, attempting to kick her head, "Right here!" you shouted. Noé's eyes widen as Jeanne grabbed your leg and threw you to the wall. Noé caught you on time, you landed on his arms, "Nice catch, Monsier." You commented, "You are most very welcome, Mademoiselle." Noé said as you and him jumped up to the ceiling to escape. You throw your sword to the pile of huge wooden boxes to fall them down on Jeanne. While you and Noé make your escape, you explained to Noé to stick to the plan. "Y/N, go on ahead!" Noé shouted, "Be careful!!" You shouted back leaving Noé dealing with Jeanne.

You meet up with Vanitas and told him about Noé when Jeanne surprised you by jumping towards the both of you. You dodged it and hide out of sight before meeting with Noé, who is now holding Luca, "Terribly sorry, Kid. But I'm really not the one named, 'Vanitas'." You said as you place your blooded handkerchief to your new scratch at the leg. Luca was confused is to why you aren't Vanitas and was believed that you are lying, but when he saw your sword that glows bright blue, he immediately knew that you were telling the truth. Noé was still mesmerized by the glow your sword gives but didn't failed to keep Luca in his arms, "Wanna know why it glows?" You asked Noé as he hesitantly said yes. You smiled and placed a hand on Noé's face before you lean in to his ear, "You'll know if you drink." You whispered as Noé's eyes widen and his cheeks flushed pink to your actions. You leaned back, gave him a sweet smile before going to an alley to watch Vanitas do his thing. Noé just stood there, very blinded by your smile that he felt his heart beat faster than he ever had done before. He followed you behind and keep close to you. But as he watch Vanitas doing his treatment, he couldn't help but to think about your face earlier that made him very flustered. You on the other hand was regretting every second of it because you too have your heart beating at an accelerating speed. 'Why did I do that?!' You thought as your face flushed red. Then a light flashed, you and Noé both know well that Vanitas is curing the Nine fold murderer in front of Jeanne's eyes. You clicked your tongue, 'That Idiot... He forgotten that he should cure him in front of Orlok!' You thought as the murderer turned back to a vampire and Vanitas realizing his mistake looking at you, "You forgot." You mumbled as he chuckled only, "No need. My sister and I watched it all, as Count Orlok's eyes." The butler said from the top of a roof with his sister. "We will tell the master what had took placed here." The maid said as they both left.

Knowing that the two saw it, they left immediately when Thomas ran from the sight. You took a deep sigh as it was finally over, however... Jeanne decided to get up. You saw her getting up and was worried about her condition, 'She shouldn't be moving due to the beast's fangs and the paralysis spell!' You thought as your eyes widen with the words Jeanne used, "I... Can still... Fight!!" She said. Then it hit you, she's still making her mission to capture you to take the book but seeing Vanitas is using it and not you made her confused. "Noé! Y/N! Come out!" Vanitas ordered as you and Noé revealed yourselves with Luca in Noé's arms. Jeanne looked worried towards Luca. Vanitas then walked towards Jeanne and threatened her that made you face palmed at your brother, "I can't hear what they're saying..." Noé whispered to you, "It's alright... Vanitas will handle it-?!" You said but seeing Vanitas' face. You are most certain that he is now going to do what any idiot will do. You saw him pin Jeanne to the wall and held her cheek, 'Don't tell me... He's...' You thought as your eyes widen to see Vanitas kissing Jeanne. An irk formed on your forehead when Jeanne broke free. 'He better not ramble about being in love!!!!' You thought but you were wrong. He started to ramble about what is that feeling he's witnessing and you didn't want to believe what you are seeing. On the other hand, Noé has no clue what Vanitas is saying nor what you are worrying about... He doesn't understand the word 'LOVE' and that troubled him, just by seeing your face... He wanted to know what that is... What it means and why are you looking so upset when Vanitas is rambling about it.

Just then, Luca broke free of Noé's grip. "What have you done to Jeanne?!?!" He angrily said as you were pulled towards Noé and he shields you as the two of you flew. Jeanne then took Luca and jumped over a roof. Jeanne swears at that roof that she'll kill Vanitas one day to settle the score. But the idiot Vanitas was anything but worried for his life, but instead he is delighted to know that Jeanne is coming for him. You and Noé just sat there while Vanitas was laughing in delight, "Looks like things are about to get entertaining, Noé, Y/N." Vanitas said as you crawl to him and hit his forehead with your fist, "Idiot." You said in a low tone that made Vanitas look at your eyes. He saw your eyes turning from copper blue to E/C from the corner of your iris, he stood up and saw a figure with E/C coat before it ran away after Vanitas seeing it. You take a deep breath and stood up, "Let's go back." You whispered to Vanitas as he nod and you left with Noé and Vanitas behind. "What happened to her...?" Noé hesitantly asked as Vanitas sighs, "She's dealing something now... Best if we do not get involve with it." Vanitas said as Noé nodded.

Only to regret it afterwards...