Chapter 4

As you three exited the building. You saw Noé just walking straight, "Noé..." You said but he didn't hear you, "Noé, wait a minute!" Vanitas called him as he turned around, "What?!" He said, "Do you even know where to go?" Vanitas calmly said as Noé just answered, "No, I do not!!!", 'Of course he doesn't...' You thought as you place a hand towards Noé's shoulder, "For now, calm down." You said making him stop, "I'll thank you not to stop me, Mademoiselle." Noé replied as a familiar bat flew towards his face then flew back to it's owner. Both you and Noé turned to that direction as your expression changed, "You look like you're having trouble, Vanitas." Dante said revealing he's behind the bat, "Dante!!" Vanitas shouted as you sigh, very tired of the arguements that Vanitas and Dante always have in every mission you three have. "Who's he?" Noé asked you as you turned to him, "Oh right, you haven't met him yet." You said as you flash him a smile, "He's Dante, our informant. He can give you any information you need." You said as both you and Noé walked up to him, "But it comes with a price. Good to see you again, mon cheri." Dante said taking your hand an kissed it. You take it off of your hands, "Now Dante, you know how I feel about the word..." You said as he swallowed his saliva, "Do you have any idea what I have to go through to just sitting there with Vanitas with no emotional support?!" You asked angrily to Dante who just lowered his head, "But... You are forgiven..." You said as a sigh of relief came out of Dante. "I don't know what you are doing here, Dante, but you're out of luck!" Vanitas said as he approach the ginger haired man. He explained that Noé is now his new shield and he is much stronger than Dante. You couldn't believe what this man is saying so you whispered to Dante about the information and make Vanitas beg for both of you, "Just when I figured out where the 'Nine-Fold Murder' is and come to find you!!" Dante said as Vanitas listened, "And besides... You'll have Noé now, I'm sure you won't miss my cooking once I joined Dante~" You said as you crossed your arms. Noé looked very confused as you winked at him,he blushed by your actions, then as cue, Vanitas dropped to his knees and bowed down before you and Dante. "Oh Great Goddess Y/N and Master Dante, I Love You both!!" Vanitas said as Dante bravely posed while you just smirked and laughed. Noé, on the other hand, just stared at your laughing face while he felt his cheeks flushed pink...He didn't know what this feeling is but he won't know it unless he ask about it to someone who's experienced with this feeling.

*~~~~~~~~~*

"We have to just follow the bat?" Noé questioned you as the two of you run over the roofs of houses as Noé held Vanitas around his right arm, "Yep! Dante's friend is tailing the murderer, so this little guy will take us to them." You said as you jump over the chimney of a house and Noé follows in suite. "Thomas Berneux." Vanitas said, "Beg pardon?" Noé asked, "That's the name of the vampire who we are pursuing." You answered his question, "Thomas appeared beyond the barrier two months ago and rapidly devoured nine people. Me and Y/N have been chasing that vampire right up until Y/N received Amelia Ruth's letter." Vanitas continued as Noé looked at Vanitas then to you. "Ah! So you are the doctor Amelia has mentioned." Noé said as you clicked your tongue, "He forgot to mention that there are two doctors. And for that, he'll cook for himself for day." You commented as you heard Vanitas trying to argue to you but you heard a crash for the riverside factory district, "Boys! We have our target!" You said as you and Noé went to the scene then saw a girl tripping over an explosion with the murderer behind, "There!" Vanitas said as Noé threw him towards the target making you laugh and pin the curse bearer down. Vanitas tossed you the book, you grabbed it and used it to make Thomas sleep for a bit, "Don't worry, he's just asleep for a bit." You said as Vanitas leaned over your shoulder, "Tie him up guys, we'll be taking him to Orlok." Vanitas said. He walked towards the girl and helped her up while you and Noé think of something to tie the man up with when Noé suddenly grabs your wrist and pulled you close to him, "N-Noé.. What are you...?" You said before noticing his stare towards a dark alley. You look over there and saw two figures, a small one and an incredibly great one.

        The footsteps of the figures began to enclose as you, Noe and Vanitas tense. But then the small figure spoke, "That was amazing... To think you concealed a curse-bearer's movements instantly like that." The figure spoke like a child as the two figures revealed themselves as a child and a woman carrying a large coffin. You recognize the coffin easily but chose to doubt your claims and listen carefully to what the duo will say, "You're 'Vanitas', correct?" The child questioned you, 'They're most likely after the book... Better conceal our identities...' You thought as the child introduce himself and the woman as Luca and Jeanne. "What're you two? Humans? Vampires?" You said making them believe that you're Vanitas. Your gaze turned to Noé, asking him to trust you. He nodded slightly as he whispered to Vanitas to trust you. The child explained that they are vampires and was asking a favor, "That book... The Book Of Vanitas, will you give it to me?" Luca said as you shook your head, "I'm afraid I can not do that, Kid. It's too dangerous to give it to a child like you." You said as you sneakily handed the book behind your back so that Vanitas can tuck it in his jacket. But just then the aura from the woman got so intense that your plan to pass it to Vanitas failed. You held the book tight as your suspicions of who the woman is confirmed, "Why do you want it? Do you understand what it is?" You asked Luca as he nodded as he explained what the book may do but you, Noé, and Vanitas was shocked about one thing.

"I'm spreading the curse, using The Book Of Vanitas? Is that what you are trying to imply?" You asked as Luca explained that he was told that the book possess the power to create curse-bearer and the only way to cure them is to dispose the book by the proper method. He also said that being it's bearer, Vanitas will suffer the appropriate punishment for welding the book in possession. "Wait please! You can't dispose the book! Especially the mademoiselle!" Noé protests, holding you tight. Your heart raced as you felt his chest, "We are in a hurry, I apologize but let's discuss this another time-." Noé wanted to wrap up the situation but... "I DON'T HAVE ANY TIME EITHER!!" Luca said as you observed his movements... After observing, you figured out why he want the book so badly that it made you frown, "A loved one... A beloved older brother? Becomes a curse-bearer... How interesting..." You said as Noé looked below to you. Luca and Jeanne were surprised that you know already just by observing the boy's movements, "If you would allow to take me and my assistants to him, surely I can cure him in no time." You said looking at the reaction of Vanitas, who is looking a bit annoyed already, your plan of revenge is going smoothly but shaking off the duo, especially Jeanne, is not going the right way. But just then you are thinking of a better solution, Jeanne launched towards you and attempt to smash you with the coffin but because of Noé's reflects, he pulled you just in time. Before anything else, she attempted to hurt you again but this time, Vanitas swooped in and took off her capped-hood revealing a gorgeous woman with light pink hair and golden eyes.

You can tell that Vanitas was very hooked by the beauty Jeanne has but you know right there and then that you three needed to get out of there, "Mademoiselle Vanitas, is there anything that can convince you to give up the book?" Luca said as you held Noé's then Vanitas' hands, tight, "I am truly sorry." You replied as you slowly back away, ready to run, "Jeanne..." Luca said as Jeanne leans over the coffin to open it, "I know... I'll do my best to take them alive." Jeanne said opening the coffin, "Please... The Book Of Vanitas... Take it from her!!" Luca gave the order as you and Vanitas laid your eyes to the content of the coffin, 'Crap, I was right!!' You thought as Jeanne mumbled the words, "Oui, Voltre Altesse.", "A Crimson Gauntlet..!" Vanitas said as you pulled Vanitas and Noé out of Jeanne sight as she got ready. "Make a run for it boys!!" You shouted as Vanitas followed you while Noé followed behind, "That woman is Lord Ruthven's Bourreau!!" You said as you think of a way to hide yourselves to the woman. Noé questioned it as Vanitas explained while you throw the book to him. You drew your sword from your back and chipped off some blood from your flesh and apply it to the sword. The sword glows bright blue, mesmerizing Noé, 'I haven't seen that be-!!' Noé thought as the ground shook, "Clearly, she doesn't want me alive. Thanks, Y/N." Vanitas said making a sour look to you, "I already recognize the bourreau, but I still had my doubts!!" You shouted as Jeanne attempted to grab you but Noé was there, "I am not letting you both die here!" Noé said as your heart flattered but Noé's strength isn't enough to hold her, so he was thrown over. That's when you and Vanitas hold her down from behind. Jeanne noticed this and fired up the gauntlet with power. "OH SHIT!!" You shouted as the light from the gauntlet exploded.

Total Words: 1732 Words