Chapter 2

I woke the next morning with the sun shining in my eyes. I pulled on a jacket and walked out my door into the living room. I peeked around the corner and saw my dad cooking breakfast. Who would have thought my dad actually would be a cook. Mom will be shocked. She had called last night to ask how it was going. I said fine and didn’t really mention about how I snuck out and met a guy who for the first time has made me feel fuzzy inside. I wonder if I would run into him today.

“Hey why do you have a weird look on your face? You are blushing.”

My dad spotted me thinking about Tristan.

“I think you had that same expression last night with Tristan”

He added giving me a funny smile.

I looked away still blushing. Was it that noticeable that I loved the way his words sent chills up my spine? I would have to be less gullible and act like he meant nothing to me. This is ridicules I thought he does not mean anything I need to get a grip I don’t even know him. I sat down in one of the bar stools at the kitchen counter.

“I have to work today so if you want you can go into town today.”

As dad said this he seemed to have a bit of nervousness in his voice. He probably thinks I will run off again.

“Also I asked Tristan if he would show you around, so you don’t have to be a lone all day.”

Of course I thought to myself. All I need is a baby sitter.

“Ok.”

I said not trying to hint that that is all I needed when I have been having weird feelings. We ate breakfast then I went to my room to get ready. My dad told me that Tristan would be by to pick me up at 11 o’clock.  It was ten, so I had an hour to get ready. I jumped in the shower. Then I through on a t-shirt and shorts. I was wearing a red t-shirt and my shorts where new. I observed myself in the mirror. I always got compliments on my bluish grey eyes. I never really thought they were special just some days I think they look pretty cool, so I have heard. I was pretty satisfied with my look. I put on some makeup and put my light brown hair in a pony tail. After that I was happy with myself so I came out of the room. Tristan was there and he and my dad were talking. When he saw me he looked over, smiled and held my gaze. I was getting that tingling thing again

“Are you ready to go and by the way you look very pretty.”

I blushed as he said this. I tried my hardest not to. I said goodbye to my dad and we headed out the door.

“If you want I can take you through my special trial to town.”

He looked at my.

“Sure why not.”

I said shrugging.

He smiled obviously happy I said yes. We cut through some trees that came out onto a trail. If I looked to my left all I could see was the endless blue waves. It was beautiful. Tristan loved how much I was liking it. As we continued to walk not really talking I grew more comfortable around him. He reached down and grabbed my hand. I was sort of shocked but he acted like he hadn’t even done anything, so I tried to do the same. He told me how his mom owned a bakery in town and if I wanted I could come by and meet her.  We came to the end of the trail; it almost felt like we were in a daze and now we were back in reality.

He said this while still holding my hand, “The bakery is up here on the left.”

We turned a corner and walked down a hill until I started to spell fresh pastries. It filled the air and made my stomach growl.  I put my hand on my stomach suddenly embarrassed. He opened the door for me and they bell on the door rang. It was a small little shop with tables and that cozy feel to it. I instantly loved this place.