Chapter 1

Girls Und Panzer Tankery's End Retribution

Chapter 1

The sun had reached its peak not long ago, the weather was moderate in terms of heat. The wind blew inland from the ocean giving a chill to the group of seven men. The men stood patiently as who or whatever they were waiting for was supposed to arrive by now, but sometimes things like this go weary.

Austin Mayes sat on the top of one of the two military grade Humvees present. His attire was plain to what he usually wore but on his shoulder laid a patch with the insignia of the IDF. Friend Island Defense Force, his home, and a place of history for him.

Sitting next to Austin was a lifelong friend Mark Manson. He to wore plain clothing but had the same patch on his own shoulder. Mark and Austin had been close since childhood as their mothers had been friends since their own childhood. The two sat not really partaking in any of the conversations that were going on at the moment but had been paying close attention.

"So you reckon that the rainbow sprinkles are the way forward with the doughnuts?" asked one of the other men in the group.

"Exactly, because then you get the different textures with the doughnuts and that gives you more of an incentive to eat them." Stated the second one.

"But if you have an affinity for chocolate then just chocolate sprinkles would be better because while you get the best of all worlds with rainbow you get your favorite with all chocolate." Said the first one.

"What in the world are you two clowns talking about!?" Demanded another of the group. The two stiffened up their posture at the question.

"Contemplating weather or not rainbow or chocolate sprinkles are better on doughnuts Sergeant." Said the first one. Sergeant Henry Johnson gave a cold glare at the two as they stood there practically shaking in fear.

"You two are the biggest imbeciles I've ever seen, talking about rainbow and chocolate sprinkles on doughnuts. Talk about sports, guns, women, something more you age." Johnson said turning his gaze back to the horizon. "Besides, vanilla sprinkles are superior." That last quip got a chuckle out of Mark, which the Sergeant heard.

"Got something to say Corporal?" Johnson asked. Mark quickly, and wisely, shut his mouth before replying.

"No Sergeant." Mark said. Johnson went back to his business as the others began another subject of conversation.

"So Austin, Mark, you two took part in that year long Tankery match right? What was it like?" Asked the first man. Mark looked at Austin who turned to answer the question.

"It was an experience I guess. First time ever something like that had happened, and with how things turned out it was the last." Austin said.

"But you guys had all those women around you to yeah? How did that feel?" Asked the second man.

"It felt fine. Besides those girls saved our lives back then. I still remember how things turned out. Hey Austin, how long has it been since the end of that game?" Mark asked unsure of the time.

"Eight years. Nine in the next few months." Austin said.

"But I thought that you guys were supposed to fight the Japanese girls. What happened to get you fighting side by side?" Asked the first man.

"You need to understand something Carl. When the Japanese Sensha Do Federation sent their members onto the island they treated us Americans like how the Nazi's treated the Jews. Albeit not to the highest extremes but we were neglected pretty badly. The girls saw what was happening and disapproved, so they saved us and defected to our side." Austin said. Carl nodded his head understanding his words.