Chapter 38

Rena's POV

"Is that your boyfriend?" Gabby asks me, leaning over my shoulder as I scroll through my phone.

I smile, "Yep. His name is Thomas."

"Is he actually your boyfriend? Or is he a fake boyfriend? Like Gracie and Niall Horan?" Kian inquires, scrambling over to my other side.

"I can hear you!" Gracie shouts from her bedroom.

"You were meant to!" Gabby yells back. I laugh at my best friend as she walks into the family room, a pout on her face.

"He's my actual boyfriend," I reply, unable to mask my giggles as Gracie plops down on the couch, still frowning at her siblings.

"Then where is he?" Kian wonders, challenging me.

"In the UK. He's an actor and is filming right now," I explain. The two kids nod in understanding.

"Why don't you have a boyfriend, Gracie?" Gabby questions her older sister, crawling down the couch to get to her. Gracie pales and swallows hard.

"Because I don't need a boyfriend. All they do is bring drama," she replies, not looking up from her phone.

"Does Thomas bring drama?" Kian asks me, his eyes wide.

"No," I respond.

"Don't lie to children, Rena," Gracie scolds.

I scoff, "Fine. Thomas may have caused a little drama between my siblings and me, but that's hardly the point. My siblings started it." The two kids nod, then turn their attention back to the tv. I glance back down at my phone, waiting for Thomas to call me.

"Why did we offer to babysit the monsters again?" Gracie asks me, laying her head down on my lap.

"Because your mom needs a break from them. Besides, they aren't that bad. They're actually being good right now," I point out.

"Knock on wood," Gracie mumbles under her breath. My phone starts to ring right after the words left her mouth. "Speak of the devil."

"Hi Thomas," I greet, smiling widely at my boyfriend, who is grinning back at me.

"Hey Rena! Hi Gracie," Tommy calls waving to me. My smile widens.

"Hi Thomas," Gabby blurts out, suddenly standing right beside me. Kian pops up in front of her and starts to wave. Thomas waves back, slightly confused.

"Gracie's siblings," I explain, even though he didn't ask, "we're babysitting them for a couple days."

"Are you really Rena's boyfriend?" Gabby demands, cutting off whatever Thomas was going to say.

"Yeah, last time I checked," he laughs.

"Then you cause drama," Kian adds on.

"Kian! You don't just say that to people!" Gracie exclaims, trying to hide her laugh. Thomas's eyes are wide with shock.

"I can say what I want!" The little boy yells, jumping up and down. Gracie groans and gets up. Kian realizes what she's about to do and takes off running. Gracie lunges for him, but misses and ends up tumbling down to the ground.

"Can't catch me 'cause you're too old!" Kian taunts from down the hallway.

"Alright that's it, you little booger! Come back here right now!" She yells, getting back up. She takes off running.

"Do I even want to know?" Thomas laughs.

I shake my head no, "Probably not. How's filming going?" Gabby climbs up onto the couch where Gracie had been sitting and plops down. She stares at my phone screen, a smile on her face.

"Good, but it's tiring. It probably doesn't help that I miss you like crazy," Thomas confesses.

"Aw!" I coo, "Stop it or I might cry."

He laughs softly, "It's only a few more months, baby."

"But even then, it's only a two week break," I remind him.

"I know, but at least it's something."

"You're right. I just miss you so mu-"

"Get back here right now or I'll throw all of your toys out of the window!" Gracie threatens. Something hits the floor and shatters. Thomas and I wince.

"I should probably go and make sure they don't break anything else," I mumble, kind of pissed that I have to hang up on him.

"It's alright. I'm really supposed to be in the bathroom right now. That's what I told them anyways," he laughs, making me smile.

"I love you so much," I say softly.

"I love you too, Rena. Now go make sure Gracie doesn't kill her brother," Thomas instructs. I laugh loudly as he waves goodbye to Gabby, then hangs up.

"He's really cute," Gabby comments once the call is ended. I open my mouth to reply, but get cut off by a loud thump and a string of curse words.

"Let's go get the two of them before they hurt themselves," I tell Gabby, grabbing her hand. The two of us march down the hallway and into Gracie's bedroom.