thirty five

REAL LIFE

It was Avery's birthday and Drew was extremely nervous. Avery was going to hang out with Madison and Madelyn first and then they were going to have dinner. It was supposed to be perfect, until Drew decided he would try to make Avery a home cooked meal which was not his specialty.

The last time that he had tried to make a home cooked meal, he almost ended up burning down their apartment. Of course, he decided like an idiot to try to get better at cooking and it did not end up well. He had burnt the tomato sauce for the ragù and overcooked the meat. Now it was dry, disgusting, and a disaster.

my love <3

my love <3
i'm coming back in about an hour
bye love you

drew
come back soon
i love you too

seen

Come back soon

What bullshit. He didn't want her to come back soon because he was panicking and trying to restart everything. He dumped the tomato sauce in a pot, seasoning it with salt, pepper, and garlic. Drew wasn't following a recipe either, he was winging it. He had put the noodles into boiling water with some salt as they did in the cooking shows.

It was all going smoothly for now. The meat was sizzling in the pan, ground beef with onions and mushrooms. It was done and he poured it into the sauce, mixing it well. Drew was sweating by now. His forehead was glistening with sweat and the stress was beginning to overtake him.

What if she doesn't like it?

Thoughts had begun swirling inside his head, and much like Avery, Drew was an over thinker. No wonder they were so compatible. But of course Avery was going to like it. She loved surprises, but hated the anticipation of waiting. She loved him and everything he did for her. They loved each other more than anyone could ever. Soulmates. Their friends often called them that. They often called each other that.

They were perfection, much like the ragù that Drew had made. The final touches were there as he sprinkled fresh parsley on his while leaving Avery's bare cause she hated fresh parsley. She always complained that it had an odd taste, much like lamb which tasted like farm.

my love <3

my love <3
i forgot my keys
please come get me

drew
of course you did
okay coming down now

my love <3
my knight in shining armor

drew
i see you

my love <3
you creep
joe goldberg that you?

drew
fuck off

my love <3
☹️☹️☹️
i don't love u anymore

drew
NOOO WAITTTT

my love <3
HAHA IMAGINEEE
please i could never love anyone
as much as i love you

my love <3
OH MY GODDD
I SEE YOU BLUSHINGGG
OVER THERE WITH YOUR
FINE ASS SELF

drew
STOPP ITTT

my love <3
NEVERRR
I LOVE YOUUU
❤️❤️❤️

drew
just come kiss me already

my love <3
as you wish

seen

Drew closed his phone and pocketed it before Avery walked up to him and smashed her lips on his. Their lips moved in synchronous and Drew relished in her taste. Strawberries, his favorite. Avery wrung her arms around Drew's neck pulling him close against her. A soft contented sigh fell from her lips as she pulled away with a lazy grin on her face. If she could keep kissing Drew for the rest of her life, she would die a happy girl.

Drew couldn't help is has he nudged his nose with hers, only love in his eyes and a smile on his face. "Happy birthday, baby," he said and Avery brought their lips to meet once again.

authors note
i'm so sad to be saying goodbye
to them soon. i love them

also lamb tastes like farm FIGHT ME