Chapter 33

In the house, a family of people crowded into the house, and even Tian Jiawang, who had not been seen at home twice, came back. The atmosphere was like a fire could burn a house. The old man Tian and Zhang were sitting on both sides of the Kang table, both with very bad expressions on their faces.

    When Li Qingnuan glanced at this scene, she felt a little bit in her heart. She hasn't forgotten that, today, she is leading people to beat the gong from door to door to inform the heads of each house to gather at the wheat field. Before listening to her sister-in-law's meaning, it seemed to have the meaning of serving in servitude.   

    Seeing Tian Tieshi and his wife entering the door, Old Man Tian coughed with some guilty conscience, then lowered his head and stopped suffocating. And Zhang, who has always liked to swear and bully Li Qingnuan, did not make a fuss about the late arrival of the eldest couple this time.  

   "Calling you together today is to talk about this military service." Old man Tian looked at the wood-like sons in the room, glanced at Zhang from the corner of his eyes, then cleared his throat and continued. "this is a local administrative officials called the age of sixteen to sixty young men, in frontiers ......"  

   big national military service system, an unusual time, mobilized the military service will be served in the counties, although the day impoverished, but There is no life worry. 

However, if there is a war in the frontier, the recruits will directly "defend the frontier" for two years.

After the so-called simple training, they will directly enter the battlefield. 

    Of course, due to the consumption of war, the court also allowed the peasants themselves to use enough goods and money to offset the corvee, so as to avoid riots and resistance in various places. Although it is grace, for ordinary dealers, those goods and money are things that many families will not be able to save for a lifetime.   

      Every person needs twenty-three taels of silver. This Tian family counts had five strong men in the service life, that is, more than one hundred taels of silver. In previous years, it wasn't that they had never encountered a time when they were serving in corvee, but at that time, it was mostly hard labor, and the service would give the family some tax exemption, so Old Man Tian would directly report Tian Tieshi's name. Tie Shi is a silly boy, and he doesn't want to talk about it. But after a long time, he also got a taste of it. No matter how hard he can earn money, the whole family will not appreciate it. Maybe in the hearts of parents and three younger brothers, all of this is what the eldest brother he picked up should do.

    Tian Jiacheng heard this with the third and fourth, but no one said anything, let alone talked to each other. A few people stood on one side, looking at each other's faces, but they were also a little anxious. They were convinced, and  parents were planning to let the eldest brother take care of this matter, but after all, the eldest brother had just married, if there were any more twists and turns in the middle, that would be terrible. As for the matter of pooling money to support others, they have never thought about it. People have their own calculations in their hearts. Don't say that the third child is a loose-handed man, just say that the second child is under the bottom of the box, and he is still thinking about building a house with the little silver in his hands.  

   Tian Tieshi heard that he was going to perform military service, and the official explained that he was going to defend the side, so his face was hard to look at right now. But because Old Man Tian didn't say anything else, he didn't say a word, just pulled his wife aside.