Chapter 15 ~ Don't Lie To Me Parker

Allison's POV

Allison's POV

~ 9 pm ~

Pepper was cleaning dishes and Morgan was in bed. I was still questioning what Morgan had said earlier. I didn't realise Pepper was talking to me.

"Alli. Alli." She slammed a cabinet door to get my attention.

"Yeah?!"

"How was Morgan today?"

"She was good but um she has some strange make-believe friend she talks to."

"Oh Ray?" Pepper asked.

"Yeah."

There was some strange tension in the air.

"She talks to Ray all the time. Sometimes children have invisible friends to be able to explore the world of make believe."

"Oh."

I was still confused.

'Why did Morgan's 'friend' not like older people?'

"Aren't you going to Queens tomorrow?" Pepper asked.

"Yeah."

"You probably should get some sleep." She gave me a small smile.

"Yeah."

I got off the chair and started to go upstairs. I stopped and realized Pepper wasn't telling me something. She had been acting strange since she got home. I didn't think about it and went upstairs. I got ready for bed and looked through my phone at old text messages from Dad, Tony, and Nat. It brought tears to my eyes.

9 weeks ago

Bad ass Aunt ~

Me ~

Nat

Nat

Nat

Natasha

Natasha

Are you alive?

What do you want?

Guess What!

Not this again.

Chicken butt

You need help.

I'm fine.

She knew I needed therapy but hey I didn't get it. The Government is angry because they require me to get it. That may be why I'm here.

12 weeks ago