Chapter 1: Amplified Switch.

~Leto~

~Leto~

'Running, running far away.
Escaping dreams of yesterday.
Faster and faster there I go.
Forgetting things you'll never know.
Dying, dying deep inside.
Find a place for me to hide.
Catching, catching up with me.
No more running from reality.
Stopping, stopping let me cry.
Finding a way to say goodbye.'

- 'Living Again' by Tina Manning Harding from familyfriendpoems.com

~

"...don't forget that you are my mate.
You bear my mark.
Our bond can never be broken.
I will always love you...
Always and forever."

My feet drag me through these mundane streets, chaos breaking out all around me as I feel the world crumbling in every step I take, his last words in my mind spinning around and around in my head , my heart in pieces, the cage that held it exploded by the amount of pressure of his separation from me, of his hurt that bites into my flesh.

Stepping out of his portal and back onto earth, I felt him immediately dissappear from my mind, our mental bond completely dissipating, the complete cut off making me almost spiral out of control, climbing down the steps to the bunker I am met with silence, my feet taking me by their own accord into every room, every room bringing me to tears, memories living in every piece of furniture, every little thing shoving itself in my line of sight, his scent in everything I can smell.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

I blink and there I am back there again in Edom seeing how much it was killing him to fight against his free will being taken away, fighting against everything to not make me go, seeing in his dark brown eyes just how much his own heart was breaking at what he had to do for his brother to be happy.

Fuck.

With my legs trembling I bring my hands up and push my palms into my eyes, my knees giving way as they make contact with the carpet, feeling utterly and completely alone, not knowing where Cairo and Jay are, not knowing where Enzo could have gone, not knowing where to turn, not knowing if I will ever see a friendly face ever again.

"I detest my existence!"

I scream out to the furniture as I continue to push my palms into my eyes, not caring if it hurts, my darkness coming over me stronger than it was before, the more I feel it pushing at me, trying it's best to sweep over me like a comfort blanket, knowing if I let it take over I won't have to care anymore, I won't have to feel like this anymore.

Freddie.

His name will always linger in my thoughts, waiting and waiting in the space he left behind when he sent me away, waiting until he can once again fill me up, sobbing his name like he could walk back in through the door, hearing myself let out my Anghorn as uncontrolable noises of anguish and despair fall from my mouth.