 three.

PART TWO.
three, tell it to the frogs.

     STORMS PASSED DURING THE night and it only made the air even more sticky than what it already was

STORMS PASSED DURING THE night and it only made the air even more sticky than what it already was. Another small group was sent back to the city, to retrieve Merle and a bag of guns. A lot of the campers weren't too happy with that choice, especially Lori after she got her husband back. Faith could understand that, but Lori was mad that her husband went after she suggested that he'd rescue Merle just a couple hours earlier. Faith didn't see an issue with the run, because Merle was still human and the camp needed protection.

Although, with another group out on a run, business had gone as usual around the camp. Chores. Faith decided that she didn't want to sit on top of the RV in the sweltering Georgia sun. Instead, she decided to join some of the women in the camp with laundry.

She carried a small basket that consisted of old shirts and rags and torn towels. Faith walked down the road to the quarry lake with Andrea and Jacqui, and she listened to small conversation the two women had without butting in.

"I'm beginning to question the division of labor here," Jacqui muttered once they reached the lake. They settled along the water bank, and began to dig some of the laundry out. Jacqui huffed, "Can someone explain to me how the women wound up doing all the Hattie McDaniel work?"

Amy snickered as she glanced up, then back at her work. "The world ended. Didn't you get the memo?"

"Just the way it is," Carol mentioned casually.

"Unfortunately."

They fell into a quiet chatter as they scrubbed at the dirty clothing, soaked with the quarry water and sweat, possibly some dirt and blood. Faith was glad that the sight of blood never bothered her before the apocalypse- it made getting used to the end of the world a bit easier; only slightly. She laid the now clean shirt on the rocks beside her and picked up a rag to scrub clean.

It felt odd to be worried about laundry when their lives were at a constant risk, but it felt oddly normal too.

Carol sighed softly, "I do miss my Maytag."

"I miss my Benz, my Sat Nav." Andrea started softly after Carol.

Jacqui hummed, "I miss my coffeemaker with that dual-drip filter and built-in grinder, honey."

"My computer, and texting." Amy pouted softly as she strung out a shirt.

Faith chuckled, "I miss my apartment, but I can tell you, I don't miss my student debt."

"I miss my vibrator." Andrea shrugged, and the group of women burst out into giggles. When Carol looked back at Ed, then back to the group and said me, too, the women laughed even louder at the two confessions.