An Old Friend Returns to the Dragons

The xiaolin dragons-in-training were all in the great hall of the new xiaolin temple that they were all tasked with watching over by Princess Kaila, an old friend of Grand Master Dashi's. After that, the xiaolin dragons lives started to get back into place, bit by bit, and then some. First, Master Fung finally came back from a long journey after the original temple collapsed. Then, Kimiko was chosen to be the first dragon rider of the new generation, much to Omi's envy and displeasure. Now, as of today, new dragons were going to be arriving at the temple.

Ping Pong: You mean, I am finally going to have a few juniors, Master Fung? Merci, Master Fung. Thank you so very much. I will make sure to, how do you say it, show them the ropes quickly.

Master Fung: Not exactly, my youngest and newest monk. While it's true that these are new dragons, they are not as inexperienced as their xiaolin rankings would make them all appear.

Ping Pong was saddened by this news, but he tried to find out why these new dragons-in-training were not really going to be his juniors.

Ping Pong: Oh, I understand, Master Fung. Why are they all at a higher ranking than I am, though?

Master Fung: They are all older, too. Besides, one of them is an old friend of the monks who are your seniors.

Ping Pong instantly went from being depressed to being openly curious about the new dragons who were joining the temple, today, since even just one of them was an old friend of his heroes. Ping Pong gasped at the news from Master Fung.

Ping Pong: An old friend of Brother Omi's and the others?

Master Fung: That is correct, Young Ping Pong.

Ping Pong: I cannot wait to meet this old friend of my heroes. I wonder what he will be like, or she.

Suddenly, a voice came from the outside of the temple. It sounded very familiar to Omi, Clay, Raimundo, and Kimiko.

Voice: Sounds like my homey, Omi's, got a new fan.

Omi: Oh my word, I know that voice anywhere. Jermaine from the New York City Bronx.

The owner of the voice showed himself, and it was indeed their old friend, Jermaine Rhynch.

Jermaine Rhynch: How's it hangin', my peeps?

Omi: Jermaine!

Omi ran to his old friend at light speed.

Omi: I have missed you so much, my homeboy, Jermaine.

Omi was a little too excited to see his old friend, again. Omi hugged Jermaine tight enough to snap the taller, older boy's spine.

Jermaine Rhynch: It's good to see you, too, Omi dawg. But, ya might wanna loosen ya grip before ya break a brother.

Omi let go of his old friend, blushing at the realization that he almost broke his friend in two. Kimiko showed up to greet Jermaine next, followed by Raimundo, then Clay.

Kimiko Tohomiko: Jermaine, how are you doing? What are you doing here at our new temple?

Jermaine Rhynch: You probably know that there are other xiaolin dragons out there in the world, right my home slices?

Raimundo Pedrosa: Uh, yeah, we do.

Jermaine Rhynch: Well, you guys ain't never gonna believe who got chosen to be the new xiaolin dragon of metal.

Clay Bailey: No way, partner. You're the dragon of metal?

Jermaine nodded at them all.

Omi: You are pushing my arms, Jermaine, my friend. This is making me feel too happy to be the honest truth.

Jermaine Rhynch: I'm not pulling ya leg, homeboy. This is the actual truth. I've finally arrived.

Ping Pong finally gathered enough courage to introduce himself to his biggest hero's old friend. Jermaine was the first one to notice the little boy in the green glasses.

Jermaine Rhynch: Hey, it's a'ight, lil' man. Come on over. Don't be scared.

Omi had almost forgotten about Ping Pong until Jermaine said something.

Jermaine Rhynch: Yo, Omi dawg, in't ya introduce me to the new kid?

Omi: The new kid? Oh, you must mean Ping Pong. Ping Pong, be polite and introduce yourself to our old friend from the New York Bronx, Jermaine.

Ping Pong was a bit shy at first.

Ping Pong: B-bonjour, Monsieur Jermaine. I-I-I am Boris Antonio Rolf Jean-Pierre Gaulle LeGrand IV, but my fellow monks just call me 'Ping Pong'.

Ping Pong then smiled an awkward, shy little smile, while Jermaine just smiled a warm, understanding smile.

Jermaine Rhynch: It's a'ight, lil' man. Ya got a long name for such a lil' guy. Thanks for the other name to keep it simple, though, Ping Pong.

Ping Pong instantly warmed up to Jermaine's understanding nature.

Ping Pong: It is so nice to meet the old friend to Brother Omi, Sister Kimiko, Raimundo, and Clay that I was told would be coming, today.

Jermaine Rhynch: You sound like could mentor my homey, Omi, for a lil' bit. Maybe, he might learn something from you, lil' man. And ya look like ya real smart, too.

Jermaine had proven to be easily impressed with Omi's biggest fan.

Ping Pong: So, you will be the xiaolin dragon of metal, then, Brother Jermaine?

Jermaine Rhynch: Only if Omi dawg doen't get jealous like before, and can put that jealousy on the shelf long enough to feel happy about my advancement to xiaolin dragon.

Ping Pong: I am sure Brother Omi did not mean to feel jealous of his own friend.

Jermaine Rhynch: Ya remind me a bit of a humbler version of my homeboy, Omi. I think that's why I like ya already.