Epilogue

A few hours later, the entire area from my right wrist, up my arm, and down my side to the middle of my foot was sore. As in I could actually feel the dull pain left from the needle. It almost scared me when I felt it. It had been so long since I felt something like that that I almost didn't know what it was. Shuri had to calm me down so I didn't mess up the tattoo. Once she was finished, she covered the marks so I couldn't see it.

"I don't want you to see until after we know it worked," she said. I was sitting in front of her as she hadn't let me get up to try and run yet. I sighed. "Alright, take my hand." She held her hand out, and I took it gently. She pulled me up slowly, and my other hand shot out to grab onto the table. She laughed. "It's okay. Now, take a step." She took a small step back, and I shuffled forward to counter. I took a sharp breath in, and she laughed again. "How's it feeling? Good?" I smiled nervously and nodded. Bucky and T'Challa walked in, stopping in front of the door as Shuri continued to have me move slowly.

"Okay," she said. I looked up at her. "I'm going to let go now." I gulped nervously and nodded. She slowly removed her hand from my arm and motioned for me to keep going. Out of instinct I tried to grab the table again, but she smacked my hand away. "No. You can do this, I know you can." I took a deep breath and took a small step forward, wincing when my foot hit the floor.

"You got this, Chris," Bucky said. I looked up at him and nodded, determined. I gritted my teeth and took a few steps again, pushing away the pain when it appeared. I was able to get across the room a bit faster this time, and I chuckled nervously as the three others smiled. I pushed myself off the table and jogged across the room, almost falling but catching myself on a chair.

"Careful Chris," Shuri said. I glanced at her and nodded. I took a deep breath and ran across again, a bit faster this time. I was able to stop myself in time so I didn't fall again, and I grinned, looking up at Bucky, who was grinning as well. I let out a small chuckle and ran back, using a bit of my powers. Shuri started grinning and nodded to the door. I laughed and ran outside, sprinting at full speed in circles.

The pain began to slowly dull, and I was back to running normally without worrying that I would collapse. I was finally able to do what I loved and not live in fear of the effects of my revival. I let out gasps of happy breaths and ran across the fields, shouting excitedly at the top of my lungs.