Chapter 4

Chapter 4

I feel like I'm on top of the world right now. My heart is beating so fast and my stomachs is tied up in the biggest knot. I don't know if I'm going to puke, but if I do it's okay because it will probably be some rainbow colored glop that smells like daisies. That's how excited I am.

I dart over to my bed with my phone and slip of paper in hand. I type the numbers so fast my phone glitches out a bit.

"Hey" I type. That's not too bold, I hope.

"Hey. Is this Monica?" The reply is almost immediate and my heart speeds up a bit

"Yeah. Is this Chase?" I type back. I hope he doesn't get mad that I didn't address him as 'Alpha Chase'.

"Lol. No, I'm sorry. I'm Daphne. I'm in the room next to you. I didn't want to barge in, so I sought a less intrusive method of introduction." They text back.

Well damn. He probably hates me and is going to reject me at any moment. There goes my visions of a happy future and love.

I decide to walk next door and introduce myself in person. What do I have to loose? I go up to the door and give a couple knocks.

"Oh my gosh your so pretty. I'm so glad you came to my room! Come in, come in!" Daphne invites me in and I sit on her bed. Her bedroom is very similar to mine in its set up, expect her room is very colorful and clearly personalized. She has artwork, posters, stickers and other rainbow inspired trinkets. The only way I could describe her and her room's look would be 'hippy-esc'

"Thank you. I'm Monica, sorry about the Chase thing.." I reply and my face gets a little red

"Don't mention it. What would a girl like you want with a jerk like that." I'm surprised by her words, but she goes on. "Sorry if I burst your bubble, but since your new he's probably gunna take advantage of that. Fucking scum." She is clearly discussed by the mention of his name of anything about him. I'm stunned.

"What do you mean?" I ask. This is clearly news to me.

"Never mind that right now. I'm Daphne and I just wanted to make sure you feel welcomed. Your going to need all the friends you can get, trust me." She kind of laughs at the end. Thank god somebody has my back. "Did you move here with that Dakota guy?" She asks a shyly.

"Yeah. He's my brother...sadly" I add with an eyeroll

"I'm pretty straight forward person, so basically I think he's really cute. Should I hit him up?" She says with a straight face.

Daphne is about 5'4" and my brothers about 6'2", that's a bit of a difference. She has bright orange freckles and hair along with green eyes and fair skin. She dresses in a some sort of band crop top and shorts. My brother would probably be into her.

"Sure, go for it. But don't say I didn't warn you." We both laugh and we just talk for the rest of time. Turns out she's lived here her whole life and grew up with Chase. She won't tell me what he did to become such a dick but I won't push it. She's pretty cool and she's already a better friend than the ones I had in Virginia. I end up staying in her room gossiping and such for about two hours and we already plan to go to the movies this weekend.

A knock on the door comes around at five and Daphne gets up to answer.

"Hello Beta Andrew. Can I help you?" Daphne says. I see a tall masculine figure in the door way. He's attractive, but not as hot as Chase. Dear lord, Chase is a fucking God.

"The Alpha requests Monica Tate's presents at once, we thought she might be in here." He says looking at me.

She sighs "alright, goodbye Monica" she whines and hugs me, but before she lets me leave she mouths 'Good Luck'

How reassuring.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
VERY IMPORTANT A/N:
Before I update I ask that my chapters get a certain amount of votes/comments. For this chapter its 20 votes and 5 comments. Thanks :)

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR READING. TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK.

Comment
Share
Vote
Like

-Ally