(1) what went wrong

//Nick's pov//

"Mom, where are you taking us" I asked my mom as she lead my sister, Sofia, and I to some place that I have no idea because we're blindfolded.

"You'll see soon, we're almost there" my mom answered excited.

Ah, good times, I mean, that day was the end of good times and the begining of a nightmare that most people choose to call life.

"Ta da!" My mom said as she took the blindfold off of Sofia and I.

Oh, how I missed her, her calming voice, how she would ask me what's wrong when I cried... but everything must come to an end, but it ended way too soon, I still needed her.

"Happy birthday sweeties" she said as we observed the water park.

"Wow, this is so cool, thank you mommy" Sofia said and then she hugged our mom, me hugging her too.

"Well, it's your birthday after all, you deserved it" she said in her sweet, calming voice.

'You deserved it' the countless times I had heard those words, and that was the only time it ended up being something good.

"Well, go on, go have some fun, I can't go in there, I'm too tall" she said laughing a bit at the end. Sofia and I ran into the water park and had a lot of fun the whole day.

At the end of the day we were returning home, I only remenber small parts of it.

"Rose watch out" our dad said, then there was something crashing in the front of the car, and darkness, everything was dark.

"Nick, stay awake" I heard someone say, but my poor five year old brain wasn't strong enough, I fell into the darkness.

I remenber waking up in the hospital, Sofia awake and eating on tthe bed next to me,she had tear tracks all over her face, and I could see she was holding back some more, and Tom, oh how I hate him, our cousin was sitting on a chair.

"Oh, you're awake, I have to call the nurse" Tom said and Sofia looked at me.

"Nick, you're finally awake, are you hungry" Sofia asked extending the hand that was holding the pudding in my direction.

"No thank you" I said quietly, I was still really confused, I mean, one day it was my and next thing I know I'm in a hospital bed and for my reasing my sister was crying.

"Uhm, what happend" I asked and Sofia started crying again, that made me worried.

"Your parents died and now you two are gonna live with me" Tom said with a smile that only now I understood was evil, but at the time all my brain was able to process was that my parents died.

Since that day I started crying a lot, the next 5 years were basically a blurr, I only remenber a few things. My sister got more distant, she would spend a lot of time around Tom, and I felt left out, Tom would forget me at places and then an hour later they would remenber me.

One day Tom got tired of being 'nice' to me, at the time I was twelve.

"You know what, you numb little shit" Tom said and at the time I was surprised by his words "I'm fucking tired of you mourning your fucking life every fucking night, your parents died 7 years ago, get over it" he then stopped and seemed to be thinking for a bit "well, now you'll have a reason to cry you fucking bastard" he hit me after saying those words, and as he hit me again the door opened.

"Nick, do you wan- oh my god! Tom, what the hell are you doing?!" Sofia asked, but Tom didn't stop, he kept hitting me over, and over again.

She grabbed his arm finally catching his attention.