(15) To be seen in my eyes

(Facts no one asked for: the way that Nick's mind works is vaguely based off of how my mind works. Kellin and Remington's friendship is based off of my best friend and I's friendship, it being the friends that everyone ships but would never date. I plan to make this book, one focused on Dan and Lloyd and one focused on Vic and Kellin, then I might make one focused on Remington and Andy, but I'm still not sure)

//it's been two weeks since the last chapter//

//Nick's pov//

The school had such useless events, today was a shit that parents or tutors had to come to the school and talk about their jobs, students who already had jobs had to talk about them too, thankfully, I didn't have to talk about mine.

We were in the auditory, and Tom was sitting next to me, making me feel really uncomfortable. When we had came into the school together, people gave me weird looks, because Tom looks so young, thanks to that now there's a rumor that my parents had me and Sofia when they were really young.

Soon it was Tom's turn to talk about what he does, Sofia and I also had to go infront of everyone, but we weren't going to talk.

"Hello everyone, my name is Tom Blake, I am Nicky's, and Sofia's cousin-" Tom starts but someone interrupts him.

"Where are their parents?" Was what the person who interrupted him, shouted.

"Well, long story short, they died when these two turned five" at those words Sofia and I look at the floor, we're still very sensitive when it comes to our parents "and as I was the only family they had left, they went to live with me".

There's silence, before Tom decides to start talking again.

"So, my job is to look at the security cameras at the mall, it's not very interesting, but it can be fun, I get to watch all the dumb things people do" he explains with a small chuckle at the end, and I can see some people's faces turning red from embarassement.

"So basically you eat cheetos while watching reality shows as a job" someone says and everyone starts laughing, including me, but as soon as Tom gives me a death glare I stop.

"For your information no one is allowed to eat on that room, everytime we want to eat we have to leave" well, I didn't know that, actually.

"Do you have any other source of money?" One of the teachers asked.

"Why do you ask that?" Shit, Tom's mad, he's trying to hide it, but I know him too well to know he's pretending.

"Well, my daughter has the same job and she has barely any money" the teacher answers.

"Oh, you get the money according to your years of experience, I've had that job for six years, so I get just enough money for everything that is needed" Tom says, he's really mad, and I know he will take it out on me, which makes me scared "but if it's still in your interest I do have another source of money".

"Oh, can you tell us about it?" The teacher asked and some people rolled their eyes, this was the most boring day ever, even classes would be better.

"Well, my other source of money is Nicky, he has a job, he decided to get one to help me, he's such a sweet boy" for fuck's sake, I know he's just doing this so that people will make fun of me, even more than they already do.

"Oh, thas's wonderfull, I didn't know Nicholas had a job, can you tell us about it, Nicholas?" The teacher asks and Tom turns to me with a warning look.

"O-okay" I mumble getting up and switching seats with Tom.

"I-I sometimes do shifts on a cafe and yeah, that's it, basically" I lie, looking at the ground.