Chapter 32

"Saturn. I'm in love with you."

The whole place goes silent. Not a single noise was made. No cheering, no laughing, no chuckles, no whispers. Nothing.

My body stood frozen in the middle of the group, I could feel peoples eyes burning big black holes in the back of my neck as their stares pierced my skin.

Even my heart couldn't be heard. My heart was thumping and I could feel it, I could feel my pulse in my wrist, but I couldn't hear it. Making the silence even more nerve racking.

This night was going so well, why did this have to happen?

"Mmhmm." Karl clears his throat awkwardly into the microphone.

The room goes silent again. The echo of his voice in the mic dying out again. The silence stays silent until I hear the quietest of whispers, as if no one was meant to here it.

"What the fuck." The British voice speaks oh so quietly, being barely audible to the human ear. If it weren't for the fact he was so close to me, I probably wouldn't and shouldn't have hear that.

Is anyone going to speak? Is anyone gonna say anything? Or are we gonna stand here for hours until someone grows some guts. And I know sure as heck it ain't gonna be me.

"Aha, uh. Well. Thanks Karl for that- a- speech." Nick laughs awkwardly getting on stage and pushing him aside.

"No, wait. She needs to answer." Karl says quietly, his voice fading from the mic as nick shoved him lightly away.

"Answer what?" Tommy says with a pissed tone. I slightly move closer to him so my back is lightly touching his chest.

"Well. Saturn, do you- um, feel the same?" He asks.

My heart can now be heard in a ears. And loud. So loud that I can't hear anything else, not that there's much noise else where. I wish I could turn it down as it over takes me. I cough awkwardly before looking at the floor.

I quietly mumble a no, barely audible to only a few inches around me.

"What was that?" Karl asks.

"No." I mumble slightly louder.

"Saturn I can't hear you." He asks again.

"I said no." I say but still quietly, the people around me hearing my response.

"Saturn I can't-"

"I said no!" I raise my voice and look up at him. His face goes a pale white as he stumbles back at my aggression.

"Oh, um. I understand," he mumbles into the mic. "Thanks everyone." And with that he walks off stage and out the front door. Nick and alex following close behind.

I crumble to the floor and pull my knees to my chest as I put my face between my chest and my legs. I let out a frustrated groan. Everyone around me kneeling down or coming over to talk to me.

"Saturn. Did you know?" I hear Tommy ask. I feel just terrible, I wish I told him. I wish I did.

I slightly nod. His hand that was once resting on my shoulder has now lifted off and I feel him walk away. I start to quietly cry into my knees.

Third person pov because it'll make more sense.

Niki sits down on the floor next to Saturn as she lets out quiet sobs. Niki rubs her hand on Saturn's back to comfort her.

Clay crouches next to her, and puts his hand on her shoulder. Wilbur has his hands on his knees as he leans down to see what's happening. Toby, ranboo, techno and George are gathered around Saturn.