Part 5

"Y/n, you have to tell him-" "I can't! I don't want him to be heartbroken" you looked down. Lia sighed and pulled you into a hug. Silence filled the air. "Your surgery is in a week, you have plenty of time to make decisions" Lia said as you nodded while tears stream down your cheeks.

"Do you wanna go get ice cream? My treats" Lia suggested. "Sure" a smile find its way up to your face. Lia drive to the best ice cream place that are far away from home. It was raining heavily so she can't really see the road.

"Lia look out!" you shouted as a loud horn could be heard from the bus that are coming towards us. Lia closed her eyes shut and turned the steering wheel to the left resulting the car to hit the big tree. Your head hurts so bad due to the heavy bleeding and soon your visions blacked out.

Jay's POV

I was at work when an y/n's dad calls me. "Hello?" "Jay, come to the hospital right now" "But why?" "Y/n and Lia got into a car accidents!" My eyes widened at the sudden news as my secretary came into my office. "Mr. Jay your meeting will b-" "Cancel it, I have to go to the hospital" "O-okay" she nodded. I grabbed my coat, phone, wallet and car keys and head to the parking lot and drive away to the hospital.

I knew it was raining heavily yet I keep up my speed on the road to reach her quickly. Right now, all I want to do and all I can think of is holding her hand while sitting beside her. Why is this happening now? Why must it be us? Why did it happen? All sort of question fills my head as my tears stream down my cheeks.

As soon as I arrived, I went out of my car without parking it in the correct angel. I didn't care, I wanted to see her as soon as possible. I know she needs me and here I am at the front desk. "Hi, can you find me Y/n's room" I asked the ladies to help me. One of the nurse stood up and told me to follow her.

She brought me to where Y/n's parents were waiting. "How is she?" I asked her father out of breath. "Be patient Jay, we are shocked as well" he said tapping my shoulder. I looked at the small tinted window at the door of the emergency room hoping to see Y/n go out in a safe and sound condition.

After waiting for 3 hours, a doctor finally came out. "Doctor how's our daughter?" asked her mother as her whole body shakes. The doctor sighs and then took a deep breath before saying anything. "Your daughter is fine, we decided to do the brain surgery to remove the tumor and due to heavy bleeding that occurs, we can't guarantee her memories will be safe" Tumor? Brain surgery? What kind of nonsense is that?

The doctor continued "And... her friend..." he shook his head. A sound of lady crying filled my whole ears. I turned around to see Lia's mother crying on the floor calling out her name. "Excuse me" said the doctor and walked away. "Jay?" called her father as her mother went to Lia's mom. I was speechless. 

"The doctor must've mean it was someone else" I said but he shook his head. "Y/n suffer from brain cancer, Jay" "B-but she never tells me. H-how could she do this to me. If I knew" My whole body collapsed to the floor as I cried harder. The door opened and I quickly stood up being eager to see her. The nurses brings her to her room as I followed from behind. 

Her head covered with bandages, her face is so pale and it got some scars. Her lips are so dry. I couldn't help but to cry again seeing her like that. As soon as the nurses leaves the room. Me and her parents came inside. I sat down on the chair next to her bed and hold her cold hands. Tears came out again remembering my plan for her is already ruined and undoable. 

Her parents stared at me to the point that I thought they would scold me and make me leave but then her dad spoke. "Jay, everything happens for a reason. Stop crying and just wait for her to wake up" he placed his hand on my shoulder. I bit my lower lips trying to hold my tears.

Hours passed by and from time to time the doctor came in to check on her and for the 5th visit, the doctor said "We are afraid to tell, but she's in coma" My heart dropped hearing such a news. On that day onwards, I was always lonely as everything happens so fast. The day she got into and accidents was the day I was supposed to propose to her.

Everyday after work, I would always visit her and I would spend my off day staying by her side watching her pale figure hoping that everyday could be the day she would wake up.