Chapter 14

William One is my Dad. There's no doubt it that anymore.

But how?

How did he live in my world and then suddenly get exported to Wonderland? Why is he The King? That means he was a wonderblood all along. Again, but how? None of this makes any sense. Is that the reason I'm here? Because my Dad is here?

All of these questions and zero answers. Of course the only thing I could do right now is talk to him, but I'm not even sure I want to see him. And considering his reaction to finding out he's my Dad, William probably doesn't want to see me either.

Overall, I have no idea what to do or how to move forward.

I wake up around four in the morning. Or to be clear, I just get up from the bed. I change my clothes to a dress and a light sweater, do my makeup and hair (I put it in a low messy bun, letting a few strands loose at the front to frame my face) and go downstairs.

Finley still doesn't talk to me. Or won't. Even when I find him in the kitchen around five. I guess we both had a rough night. I can see the orange and pinkish sky from the kitchen window, indicating a sunrise. It's beautiful.

"Good morning," I try. He heard me walk in so he already knew I was here but didn't choose to awknowledge me.

I watch as he puts the kettle on the stove, boiling water for tea. All I can see is his back, the maroon colour of his button up shirt, sleeves rolled to the elbows.

"You didn't get much sleep either?"

"Nope," is all that he says without even turning around.

"I'm guessing you're still angry," I say quietly, melting onto the chair behind the kitchen table.

"Of course I'm angry!" I'm startled by his sudden outburst, but what surprises me is how horrible he looks as he finally turns around to face me. Finley's hair is a mess, his undereyes are dark and baggy.

"I get that it's hard for you, being here and all that stuff, but it's hard for me too-"

"Oh, did you also get magically pulled into an alternative world and find out that your Dad, who was supposed to be dead, is a "king" there and chops people's heads off?!" I snap. I tried to be nice, but it didn't work.

"It's hard dealing with you."

I stand there (I stood up while snapping at him) amazed and speechless.

"Kids! What's with all this yelling?" Reginald suddenly appears in the kitchen, grabbing an apple. When neither of us answers, he says: "Anyway, I gotta go early today. Have a nice day! No fighting!"

With those last words, he's out the door.

Finley turns around again to do whatever he's doing on the counter. I walk closer to him.

"Finley," I say calmly.

"I just want you to realise that things work different here. You can't put both of us in danger all the time-"

"Wait, all the time?" I cross my arms on my chest.

He turns around again. "Yes, all the time. If you wouldn't have gone out yesterday, none of that shit would've happened, let alone you interrupting the hanging. Plus you freaked out when we were at the government house-"

"Finley, there was a dead body with its head cut off!" I yell. Honestly, now I'm mad at him too.

"Well, get over it!"

I don't know what got into me, but I slap him. The sound of my palm hitting his cheek echoes trough the kitchen. I guess I'm waiting for Finley to hit me back, but instead he pulls me in by my neck and presses his lips on mine. Fast and hard.

I'm taken back a little bit. Finley's kissing me. After I've hit him. What?

I kiss him back. And I hate myself for it. And I hate him. But I like the way he's kissing me. Finley's body is warm against mine, one hand on my neck and the other on my waist, his lips soft as they fight with mine. I slide my hand softly over the cheek I took a slap at.

Why is he kissing me?

As reality hits me, I push him away, maybe a little more harshly than I wanted.

"Get over it yourself," I tell him, looking at his reddened cheek, before I run out of the kitchen and up the stairs, the whistle of the kettle making my exit overly dramatic.