-sanctuary-

I wake up with my vision blurry but I'm still in the doctor's office. My wrist is cuffed to the bed. I try to wiggle out of it but it's taunt on my wrist. I try to speak but my voice is very hoarse and dry. I lay there for a few minutes then I hear the door creak open. The doctor walks through the doorway and looks up at me and looked surprised. He scurried to my side and said "are you alright? Are you in any pain? You collapsed and we thought u were turning. Per the handcuffs; sorry about them. I'll undo them."

He hurries over to his drawer and rummaged around things in his desk and pulled out a small set of keys and put the key in the lock until he heard a click. I took my hand from the handcuffs and grabbed my wrist and rubbed it. It had a red ring from where the cuff was rubbing against my skin. 

I tried to speak but no sound came out. I start to point at the faucet and mouth the words drink and water. He looked confused ; then saw where I pointed he then said quickly I'll go get some water wait here. You almost could laugh as if you could go anywhere.

He comes back with water bottle in hand and a bendy red straw. You kinda smirk at the fact that he had a straw in a time like this- it's almost ironic of how little you had at Alexandria and how they have the most unimportant things. You take a sip of the water and gulp it down as quickly as you can through the straw, you finally can get words out and mumble

"Thank you." He looks at you and smiles at you "how are you feeling? Any pain?" He puts his ear to my chest as to listen for a heartbeat. I didn't even have the strength to flinch. I just laid as he listen for a moment.

"Your heart is in rhythm from what I can tell which is good and you're awake and coherent. You should be fine but I feel like here is much more comfortable than the cell."You shrug as it "could be worse; "I could be still be in the cell getting no treatment." He sighs as if disheartened by that comment and says as he walks out "I'm going to pick a few things for you at our tables then be back in a bit. Please don't try to stand when I'm not here." He closes the door behind him with a "click." You look around the room once and stare at the ceiling and slowly drift back to sleep.

You awake at the sound of a door opening you open your eyes slowly flutter awake and widen at the sight of him. You feel a rush of fear run through you. He's covered in blood and grime.

"Daryl?" I ask with tears just waiting to roll down my cheeks. "Come on we gotta go now if we wanna get out, I took out a few guards. They might know I'm out already." You look at him panicking. You can't fight right now. You couldn't even walk without getting dizzy. "Daryl you need to leave without me." He stops looking around the room for something to arm me with and rushes to me and squeezes my shoulders hard - "I'm not leaving you here, get up now!" He starts to try to move me from the bed and I push him away with my good arm "Daryl look at me. I have a concussion and a broken arm- I can't even walk properly let alone back you up. You need to leave now before they come looking for you. I'm fine just go now."

I tried to say it confidently but he could see I was just as scared for him as he was for me. He puts his forehead against mine for a moment and says breathing heavy "I'll come back for you." I faintly smile at him and tear up " I know." He leaves the room quickly and quietly. I sobbed quietly for awhile just staring blankly at the door. Focusing on every minuscule detail waiting for him to come back or someone else to come in to kill me. It was hours before the door swung up and to my surprise it was Dwight and Simon coming in through the door. With a wheelchair.