two

asshole friends and cowboys !

    EVIN PULLED HIS JEAN jacket tighter against his body, his hands were trembling slightly and his fingers stiffing due to the cold weather that Forks seemed to favor

   EVIN PULLED HIS JEAN jacket tighter against his body, his hands were trembling slightly and his fingers stiffing due to the cold weather that Forks seemed to favor. He sat on the damp bleachers with an unlit cigarette placed between his lips, his jeans sticking to his skin as the condensation seeped into his clothing. Before him on the equally damp football field were Alex and Nick who were manhandling and punching each other, laughing loudly with each shove and punch. Their trays of food were half-eaten and forgotten beside Evin, whose own lunch was left untouched.

  His eyes were half opened, breathing in the scent of an oncoming downpour and wet soil, letting his mind wander and a floating feeling encompass him. Any rational thoughts became muddled as he brought his lighter — which was littered with little scratches tattooed into the red plastic — to the end of his cigarette, a flick of his thumb against the spark wheel lit up a small flame. He held it against the end before removing his thumb and stopping the fire once the paper started to burn, the scent of ash familiar.

"Hey! Dickwad get your ass down here!" ah so much for peace and quiet.

Evin opened his eyes and was met with the sight of his friends waving him over. Alex hooted and whistled like a dumbass, his own cigarette placed between the corner of his pink lips to keep it from falling. Nick had been the one to call out to him, and Evin realized why, there was a group of girls giggling and hanging from his friend's arms. Ah, here we go again.

  Reluctantly, Evin stood from his spot, pocketing his lighter as he walked down the slippery bleachers, his steps loud against the flimsy material. He inhaled the smoke and blew it out, his breath mixing with the smoke to form a puff of gray before his face. The girls seemed to find this attractive as they whispered to each other and eyed Evin as he walked closer to the group of five.

  "What?" he asked sharply, his head tilted to the side and his lips in a firm frown. He didn't bother to glance at the girls beside his friends, not interested in them.

  "Damn, relax," Alex dragged the 'x' out unnecessarily longer than needed as he threw his arm over Evin's shoulder, which caused Evin to slouch slightly as he was taller than his blue-eyed friend.

  "Sorry about him girls, he's half fag," Nick spoke with ease, charmingly grinning down at the girls as if he hadn't just insulted his friend, "doesn't know how to appreciate such pretty things such as yourselves".

  "It's alright," one giggled as she walked over to Evin, wrapping her arms around his, "if you're only half does that mean you're interested in girls still? Because I can show you a good time at my party this weekend".

  "Woohoo! A party!" Alex removed himself from Evin, hollering as he threw his arms in the air, not caring that his cigarette had fallen into a muddy puddle. To busy with being a typical loud teenager who couldn't wait to get busy at a high school party, which they were usually invited to as Nick was on the football team.