three

bruises blossom like flowers !

   THE BELL RANG and students scrambled to shove books, papers, and pencils into their bags carelessly, Evin being one of them

   THE BELL RANG and students scrambled to shove books, papers, and pencils into their bags carelessly, Evin being one of them. His half-finished French notes were thrown into the depths of his empty backpack, left to get crumpled until he needed them later. As he shoved the last paper inside his bag, he grabbed the pencil the cowboy let him borrow, and with a forced smile, he turned to face the blonde. Who was carefully placing his things away into a white, three-ringed, binder, his hair falling into his face as his lips stayed in a thin line.

"Here," Evin cleared his throat, which was longing for a sip of water due to all the cigarettes that polluted his lungs and dried his mouth, "thanks".

Evin wondered if the cowboy before him could smell the stench of cigarette that lingered on the tip of his tongue because the blonde seemed to be sniffing at the air with an expression that looked like disgust. But he tried his best to look like he wasn't currently on the verge of storming out the door as he grabbed the pencil from Evin's slim fingers, their skin touching once again but this time the blonde seemed to almost relax.

"You're welcome," Evin and the blonde held eye contact, it was like Evin was in a daze as their pointer fingers touched ever so slightly. Evin wondered why he felt oddly comfortable around the honey-eyed male, it was like his muddled feelings always soothed out into relaxation, and trust. It almost made him curious, so he opened his mouth to ask for his name.

"Evin!" a voice boomed as frantic footsteps growing louder snapped Evin out of his eye contest with the blonde. He pulled back instinctively and without looking back, he left the blonde standing by their desks and made his way into the practically empty hallway.

  Running around like a headless chicken was Alex, whose cheeks were flushed and his hair astray. As soon as he spotted Evin his lips turned downward, in a concerned frown and Evin realized something must've happened for Alex to be calling his name so desperately. He swallowed his spit and ran his hand through his bleached hair, his eyebrows furrowed as he walked down the hallways to meet this friend halfway.

  "What?" he raised an eyebrow as he let his hair fall over one eye, his fingers twitched with an urge to grab a cigarette but he didn't feel like taking one out. So instead he shoved his twitching hand into the pocket of his jeans.

  "It's Nick..." Alex trailed off his concern morphing into anger, his cheeks reding due to him trying to stay calm, "he's being a bitch, I think you should go hear the type of bullshit he's spouting in the parking lot".

  Evin's eye twitched and with the way Alex was looking at him, he figured Nick was saying shit about him. So he let Alex drag him through the halls and out of the school's front doors, the cold air a harsh contrast against the school's heater. In the distance, by his black Toyota Camry was Nick, who had a small crowd of people surrounding him.