three

chapter three[ mirkwood ]

chapter three
[ mirkwood ]

the word love meant a lot to melissa hopper. she shared love with many different people. in fact only a few deserved her love.

one person in particular and he happened to be asleep in her arms at this very moment.

melissa smiled at the boy she's been in love with since the 3rd grade. she never told him, though. to embarrassed he might find her weird and never talk to her again.

or maybe telling him would of changed things.

she sighed. dads probably losing his shit right now, she thought, laughing a little.

losing his shit.

🤍

"the heath kit ham-shack, ain't she a beaut." mr. clarke introduced making the boys eyes light up as they began playing with it.

mike however, felt a bit of sadness. he knew how much will and melissa were waiting for this day to come and they were missing out.

"i bet you can talk to new york on this thing." dustin said in excitement.

"think bigger." mr. clarke responded fueling there enthusiasm.

"calfornia." lucas tried.

"bigger."

"australia." mike pipped in earning a nod from mr. clarke.

"holy shit!! this is amazing!!" lucas exclaimed. "lucas." mr. clarke raised his eyebrow, "sorry, language."

after the boys began asking questions to anyone who was listening on the other side of the ham-shack in goofy australian accents, the principal followed by chief hopper walked in.

"sorry to interrupt but may i borrow micheal, dustin, and lucas?" the principal asked. the boys exchanged worried looks as they followed him and the chief to his office where they sat on a couch and began talking about will and melissa.

"okay, okay, okay." hopper interrupted, "one at a time alright?"

"you." he said, pointing at mike, "you said they take what?"

"mirkwood." mike responded simply.

"mirkwood?" hopper repeated confused. when the fuck had his kid ever rode home on a road called mirkwood?