fifteen

chapter fifteen[ the nerds ]

chapter fifteen
[ the nerds ]

halloween. melissas favorite holiday. she had woken up early that morning to help el who really wanted to go trick or treating for the first time ever.

melissa found a white sheet and handed it to eleven as she cut two holes for eyes and then put the sheet over her head.

"where's your costume?" eleven asked, when she saw that mel was wearing a flannel and jeans again.

"well when we actually go trick or treating tonight, then i'll put my costume on." she smiled.

this year, melissa was dressing up as princess leia from star wars. she was a huge star wars fan and very much in love with luke skywalker.

she literally had posters of him all over her walls.

"make a ghost costume too." el said, handing her another white sheet. melissa then quickly cut two holes into the sheet for eyes and slipped the sheet over her head.

the two girls then walked into the kitchen behind hopper who was making french toast for them.

hopper turned around slowly and jumped when he saw the two girls standing there but realized it was only them and calmed down, "oh jesus." hopper mumbled.

"ghosts." eleven simply said.

"yeah i see that." hopper answered and took the pan off the stove and walked past the girls.

"it's halloween." melissa spoke up as hopper placed down the pan of french toast on the table next to them.

"sure is." hopper smiled, "but right now it's breakfast, okay? and i need to bring mel to school so come on let's eat." he said, putting the french toast onto three plates.

"they wouldn't see me." eleven stated.

"who wouldn't see you?" hopper asked, not understanding what the two girls were up to.

"the bad men." melissa answered, "she's hidden, they won't see her."

hopper walked over with the three plates and set them down in their usual spots, "what are you talking about?"

melissa rolled her eyes and took off the sheet, "trick or treat. el can come with me and the boys tonight."

"you want to go trick or treating?" hopper asked in disbelief, staring up at the girls from his seat.

eleven nodded, "mel can take me."

"you know the rules." hopper stood up and started to push the girls toward their seats.