twenty-three

chapter twenty-three [ he made me do it ]

[ he made me do it ]

melissa glanced into the box the doctors had just rolled in. after looking at it, she took slow steps away from the box and back toward mike.

the thing inside looked like a mix of something that looked like dart and a weird slimy vine. melissa remembered that half the upside down was covered in those things and began to feel a little uneasy.

"now, will, i want you to just let us know if you feel anything. okay?" dr. owens explained to the boy. the doctor who was standing by the box held a blow torch, the gasp of the sudden fire causing the younger hopper to flinch.

the doctor then slowly lowered the blow torch toward the vine in which it began screeching in pain.

the squealing of this thing was oddly familiar and that's when melissa realized it sounded just like dart and the things she encountered in the upside down last year.

"do you feel anything?" dr. owens asked.

"little sting," will answered, his face showing discomfort.

"it stings? where?" the younger boy groaned, grabbing at his hospital gown.

"my chest," will struggled. joyce rushed to wills side, worriedly as she attempted to comfort the boy.

the doctor who held no emotion on his face whatsoever, lowered the flame, ignoring wills growing groans.

"how about now?" dr. owens asked, as he watched will grab his chest again.

"it....it burns."

the creature then let out a loud screech, will soon after shot up and gasped at the pain, "it burns!"

"where?" the man asked.

"okay okay stop." melissa spoke up from mikes side.

"everywhere!" will threw his head back in pain.

"stop," joyce muttered out, seeing the pain her boy was feeling increase, "stop it! you're hurting him!"

"that's enough. that's enough!" joyce demanded, looking right at the doctor who was burning the creature. it was like he was blocking out her voice and didn't want to stop, as will continued to scream in agony.

"stop! you heard her! that's enough!" hopper yelled, rushing forward, the doctor finally stopping, "that's it! we're done!" will's heart monitor began going back down, as he took deep breaths. melissa let out a breath she had no idea she was holding and rushed to wills side, grabbing his hand.

he looked exhausted. he had black shadows around his eyes and held this look that broke melissa's heart. she didn't blame him though, he was being tortured by a creature they were yet to met and  heart-less doctors.