Chapter 19

TW: Scenting

The crisps of cooling wind touch his skin, he heavily sighs between his hands. There are thousands of people scrambling with their scents combined in the air. Difficulties to recognize which is an alpha, which is an omega, or a beta. His nose wrinkles from the smell, the alpha scents dominate in Tokyo, Shibuya. 

Accordingly, Shibuya revolves around youthful fashion and culture. [Name] identifies that's where people dress excellently and have their heads high up, he does assume alphas roam around here whether it is a female or male, probably both. 

Noises of chatters, the individuals walk inwardly. The location shows a busy city with busy people, he updates the team he's going outside of his home to explore a bit more. The team didn't sound happy with it, rather they are concerned and frustrated he's not with someone. This bombards his phone, pings and vibrations from his phone.

He's not in heat, he doesn't feel the symptoms from it. He doesn't need alphas to accompany him, he can stand alone while in heat. He looks up at the skies, small flakes floating slowly and descending to the ground. 

Snow, what does it even smells and tastes like?

''Snow tastes funny.'' his friend nudged him, stopping the younger boy to taste it with his tongue. ''Stop trying to taste everything!'' [Name] urged the rolling of his eyes. ''It won't hurt me, Tetsu!'' he defended himself.

''Hey, remember the promise?'' the rooster laughed, placing his hands on his hips.

The promise.

Kuroo's mother was surprised and swooned when the moment her son proclaimed his love for the little boy. He did promise he wanted to choose only [Name] and only him. His eyes were already on him, nobody else had caught his eyes. Just [Name] and everything about him was so right.

''What promise?'' [Name] scratched his nape. ''Are you getting old? You're forgetting the promise?'' feigned hurt by the rooster who leaned onto him, nuzzling the shorter boy. ''To marry me?'

 ''What do you think? I wouldn't marry who's not you.'' 

''Hmmm, what if I'm not an omega? I could be a beta or alpha. I couldn't provide anything..'' he quietly assumes. He didn't hear the other respond to his assumption, he turned around. An annoyed look on the older boy, his frown prominent, and his eyes flickered something.

''I don't care. I only choose you. Only you.'' Kuroo's corner of his lips twitched, ''Why does secondary gender matter? '' he continued, looking more and more annoyed by that. ''Whether you're going to be presented as an omega or not, you caught my attention already.''

He leaned into him, face close to his. The flutter blooms inside of the smaller boy's heart as they make eye contact with each other. [Name] breaks the staring before he heads first. ''Pfttt, stupid! Don't be silly!'' he laughed, ignoring his cheeks red from the stare.

Had he been staring at him like that ever since?

They were still young, feelings could change, right?

Right?

The whole team was worried about his safety. His eyes gently flutter open to observe the skies, even more, the inner omega whines softly and gesture he wants to have warmth from someone else. Let's not think ahead, we're here for adventure! [Name] chides internally. 

He hitches his breath, leaning to stick out his tongue and tasting the snowflake. His tongue tingles from the tiny and dull taste, the omega is relieved Kuroo wouldn't scold him. How's he by the way?