Prologue: World of Gods and Monsters

____________________________________

Prologue:

World of Gods and Monsters

Started

___________________________________

A primal comet made of amber stone falls from the heavens. White fires ablaze and hot winds escort its rapid decent as it gravitates towards the earth.

From the ground, the dark sky bleeds a color of amber among the stars. The creatures witnessing it close their eyes and whisper their desires to the wind. How a rapid fall be paradox with worldly beliefs that a star falling means a chance to make a wish is a mystery.

Finally it makes its inevitable landing—or rather a brutal crash.

For a moment, the world of Teyvat stops before the impact is felt. What seems like a tsunami made of soil spikes up in a whirlpool motion as the amber stone in the center spins aggressively, digging deeper, and forming such a chasm this world is yet to see.

The heated descent of the amber stone burns the grass and melts the rocks, but stones of unknown markings strike anew, replacing the old.

The clash of resounding impact at the center of Teyvat has not gone unnoticed. All heads turn even the population sitting in the northernmost part of Teyvat.

Dust and smoke plague the skies, and fire remains.

Night and day passes and the area of impact has yet to cool down. For a long while, no one could get near to peak the cause of it all. Few humans, sprites and other creatures attempts but none succeeds.

Months later, the newly formed chasm can finally be accessed, albeit dangerously.

A spirit journeys its way toward the center, excited to see the huge amber stone they all witnessed many moons ago.

But lo and behold, in the center of the chasm, there is simply another deep hole in the center and no sign of the bright amber stone can be seen. All that is left is the hideous chasm that ruined the plains and scenic geography of the place.

Such an invincible brute force, only to carelessly trample upon beautiful fields and rivers.

The spirit climbs up and out of the chasm only to see a man dressed in white robe.

For all its life, the spirit has never seen this man. But that is not much to say for the spirit has only been conscious for six months.

The spirit tails the man and witnesses his powerful but careless manners.

This man, so far, has ruined every path he has taken. The field of grass, he simply steps upon. The flowers, they die beneath his feet. Even the trees that are on his way stands no chance.