Field of Glaze Lilies: Act II

____________________________________

Chapter II

Field of Glaze Lilies: Act II

Quest Started
____________________________________

Morax has never spoken his rants and disappointment over his people to anyone.

Such a chance is a luxury he never had before.

When he is not killing monsters and defending his dominion, he spends his time punishing those who renege their words on their contracts and keeping his morose attitude at bay when faced with an unfair contract.

With Guizhong, he shared many stories about his people, about the monsters, and even about the impending doom of the Overlord of the Vortex!

"Your people will tremble upon the awakening of the Overlord," Guizhong comments. "While there is time, you must move your people away from harm."

"Just as you are moving away from the frozen mountain?"

"Yes, I suppose. People are weak against gods and monsters, they cannot withstand tremendous exchange of power. They will seek shelter elsewhere, afraid that they might be caught in the battle."

With her explanation, Morax realizes now why the people went into hiding when he was defeating the little sea monsters in the harbor.

Morax nods. "I agree."

"Shall we move our people together?" Guizhong suggests out of nowhere.

Morax looks at her to find any sign of ill-motive, but all he sees is the bright brown eyes shining before him, almost the color of the ores found in Mt. Hulao, a jewel encased in a beaute adorned by the grayish hair of the goddess before her.

It is no secret he enjoys the company of Guizhong and wishes that the god of time would slow down so that he can stay longer over this field of glaze lilies. But then, the fact that Guizhong is pleasing to the eyes is not helping Morax carry the conversation.

He looks away to forward rational thinking instead of being bewitched so willingly.

"It is not a bad idea, I must agree. It is beneficial," he says after giving it a thought.

"There," Guizhong pointed toward the east, behind the hills, "that is where I planned to establish my city. Your people can join my people."

Morax turns to where she points and he could see a land that is fertile and abundant.

Nowhere could the people mine ores but they can feed with the wheat they gather.

"I chose this place because it has an advantageous geographical design," Guizhong explained. "It is across the river, away from the frozen mountain, it is also far from the Overlord of the Vortex, and the mountains you made over the south can serve as a natural and tactical defense before any unwanted visitors might catch a glimpse of the city."

It was unspoken but both knew that, in addition, if they should combine their strengths, it would greatly benefit their people and no god or monster shall dare against a city-backed by two gods. Or at least Guizhong thought it was obvious to both of them.

Morax on the other hand is a simpleton: it is away from the battlefield.

He nods to himself, "My people shall join with your people."

"So," Guizhong began, almost sounding excited as strategies and plans unfolded in her mind due to the proposed alliance, "I thought that since there is such a gulf between us in strength, I should use technique and wisdom instead."

Morax isn't a quick learner but if there is one thing he picked up over the short amount of time he has spent with Guizhong so far is that, she is far more intelligent than he is. Otherwise, she would have long perished with her meager power in this terrible world.

"Your intelligence is a contribution that surpasses anything I could ever give, for the assembly of the city is your idea itself," Morax speaks bluntly, not knowing how much a compliment that means to her. "I have no doubt."

"With your brawn and my brain, this city would surely become a great one," she adds casually, trying to ignore her heart knowing his innocence and sincerity.

They sit in silence pondering about the assembly they were about to establish. Despite the silence, the moment of the present is unlike any other.

In other parts of Teyvat, gods and monsters fight for their lives and their homes. Metals clang, be it a sword or a claymore. Screams uproar by the hit of an arrow or a catalyst, finishing its job. There is always chaos and destruction.

But in such a time of warfare, over a field of glaze lilies, just about the territory of a tyrant god and other demons, who would believe there could be peace?

____________________________________

Chapter II: To be Continued.

Field of Glaze Lilies: Act II

Quest Completed
____________________________________

Quest Opened

Field of Glaze Lilies: Act III