Chapter 13: Why

*Hayes POV* (day of moving)
Why?! I think to myself as I put boxes in the moving truck. Why now?! Why ever?! Can't she just stay in North Carolina?! Why can't they move here? Why does she have to leave Mrs. Reynolds? The community? Me? Why her? I think. How do we know that they are good know and won't harm them? Well Daniel lives near there something won't be that bad. But it will be. I guess we still can text but it won't be the same. What will happen now? What will happen to our friendship? I go into the house.
"Goodbye Hayes." She says while hugging me. "Goodbye Cami." I reply. "Let's take a picture." She suggests. Carter took a nice picture of us standing infront of the house. She posted it to Twitter and Instagram with the caption 'I'm going to miss him😘😝💞' She also posted it to her story on snapchat with the same caption. She hoped in the cab of the moving van between Mrs. Reynolds and Carter. They drove off. She texted me the picture.
Camiiiiiiii😙✌️: *insert picture*
Me: awe u look so cute😍
Camiiiiiiii😙✌️:THX. U2
Me: well I'm going to miss u✌️👋🚫
Camiiiiiiii😙✌️:I guess I'm going to miss u😂👋✌️🚫 jk ily
Me: Ilyt
Camiiiiiiii😙✌️:I gotta go 🍑👱. 👋✌️
Me: did u call me a butt face?
Camiiiiiiii😙✌️:YAS
Me: 😡👋✌️
I'm going to miss her. She was that person that we in our lives. That happy, joyful, fun type of person. I miss her already. "Come on Hayes." Nash says. I get into the passenger seat. "I know your going to miss her. We all will. But it's like with MAGCON. We don't get to see them a lot." He says. "Well, I won't be able to go to the event. I have a camp this week. After this Nash is suppose to drop me off at the camp. It's an overnight camp so it should be fun.
"We're here." Nash says finding the first available parking spot. He turns the car off and we get out. I grabbed my duffle bag out of the back seat. We go to the main office. Nash signed me in and I left.
"Hey man," My roommate says. "I'm Mark." He says. "Hayes." I say. "Grier?" He asks. I nod my head. "Dude my sister is obsessed with you and your friends." Mark says. "Well, that's good to know...?" I drag out the know. "Yeah. Lots of girls are throwing themselves on you." He says. I walk over to my bunk. There are four people in every room. I have the bottom bunk. Mark had the bottom on the other one. I chuckle. "Yeah. It's not an event without a girl trying to stick there tongue down your throat," I say. "Has your sister ever gone to an event?" I ask. "Nope." He says. "Wanna go toss the football?" I ask. "Yeah sure." We get up and I get my ball out of bag. We go out the dorm hall and we go to the field. "So what's it like being famous?" Mark tosses the ball. "Well, it's the same as not, besides there are always girls wanting to take pictures, talk to me, I don't know why they have an interest in me. I'm so weird." We have been tossing for awhile.
"Hey guys!" Someone says while walking through the door. "Hey I'm Hayes." I say while looking at my phone. His voice sounds older than 14. "I know Hayes." I look up. "Oh hey Gilinsky!" I say getting up. He got the bunk over me. The other guy got here later his name is Greg. We just hung out and got to know each other for the rest of the night.
When it was around 10 our counselor, Frank, came and told us to go to bed. Gilinsky texted me.
Gilinsky: r u upset?
Me: yeah y!
Gilinsky: we kno about Cami moving
Me:😭😭 do I look sad???!!!
Gilinsky: no I just kno u well
Me: ohhhh gn😴💤
Gilinsky: gn😴💤
I fell asleep thinking about her.
•••••••••••••••••
It's the last day of camp and I'm going with jack back to my house. Some of the guys are coming over to hang out. It's been a week since I've seen Cami and she hasn't made much effort to contact me. I've probably texted her once this whole week.
Me:hey
*read 6/25*
Me: What's up?
*read 6/26
Me: why aren't you answering me?
*read 6/27*
Cami: I'm busy n can't talk
Me: ok..
When has she been to busy to text me?
---------------------------------------------
A/n sorry for the short chapter.
I haven't really been that creative recently so I'm not sure how the future chapters will be. If you have any ideas please comment or message me!! And if you celebrate it, Happy Easter!!🐣
XOXO ~Cami