She loves me, He loves me not

Cold rain poured down on Langa's hardly stable umbrella as rainwater soaked his socks and clothes. The boy trembled with every step he made. A concrete sidewalk seemed to tremor under Langa as he made his way towards Ema's house.

After the party that took place a few days ago, Langa had forced himself to think deeply about his relationship. He knew he liked Ema, and she really didn't have any flaws. She was sweet, kind, and had a charming personality.

Though, there was someone else who Langa thought of constantly.

Reki had been seamlessly inhabiting Langa's mind for quite a while now, lurking around every corner and fueling his confusion. He didn't understand much, love was such a hard concept for Langa, but he did know that whatever happened at that party was something he had desired for a long time.

That kiss satisfied every want that rested in Langa's conscience. From animalistic to natural, Langa finally felt at ease with himself and his urges.

It warped his mind, his sanity, his heart. He needed that embrace again. He needed it back.

Langa's hands shook slightly as he approached her front door. Her house was massive, to say the least. It was natural for him to not be at ease.

He rung the doorbell, once, then twice. Ema opened the door slowly, her eyes lit up once she saw who was behind it. She lunged towards her boyfriend, wrapping him in a tight embrace.

Langa didn't know how to respond at first, his body tensed and his eyes shot open. He bit his lip, trying not to openly display his nervousness as his hands retreated from her. Though, after a second of thought, he slowly wrapped his hands around her instead.

"I at least owe her this." Langa thought, pulling her in closer.

•••

"Are you hungry? Oh, you're dripping wet. I could make us something to eat, or do you want to just come to my room?" Ema questioned as she intertwined her hands with Langa's and lead him further into her house.

"My parents aren't home, so we can do anything you'd like."

"I want to stay in your room, if that's alright. I need to talk to you." Langa replied. Ema hesitated a bit after hearing his response, but, as usual, she quickly composed her self and smiled at him, welcoming him to her home.

"Please make yourself comfortable." She directed, allowing him to sit on her bed.

Langa had never been in Ema's room before, so he was easily captivated by the beige tone and gold accents that covered her walls. There was a calm, quiet vibe in the room, despite the wind and rain that presented itself from outside of her window.

While Ema excused herself briefly to bring the two of them something to drink, Langa was able to properly look at the new setting, no longer taking everything in at once.

He soon spotted some roses on Ema's bedside table. They sat composedly and neatly, adding a necessary highlight to the room.

One of the roses was a luscious pale tone with a nice stem and perfectly shaped petals. The rose reminded him of his girlfriend, it was nothing short of beautiful.

Though, the boy was soon drawn to a glistening red rose. Langa reached out to grab it, taking it in his hands and bringing it up to his nose. It was fragrant and vibrant, definitely setting itself aside from every other rose in the vase.