14.

Short chapter. ⭐️

People were everywhere, and that seemed to make
Jersey uncomfortable. She pressed her right hand against her stomach and decided to smooth out her dress for the hundredth time. Malcolm caught on to her uneasiness and decided to run his hand across her lower back.

Jersey placed her eyes on his while keeping a nonchalant expression on her face. That didn't calm her down. Instead, it turned her on. She was like a furnace. Hot and burning with desire. Jersey was so vulnerable that any little thing could get her fired up.

"You seem nervous."

"Only a little...." She trailed off while placing her eyes on her son. Harlem was bundled up in his car seat and fast asleep. The baby had no worries at all, and Jersey was thankful for that.

"You'll be fine. These are the same people who attended my mom's birthday party. Remember on Thanksgiving?"

Jersey nodded her head lightly and said, "Yeah."

"Yeah, this is just the Sullivan clan. Maybe a few cousins, aunts, and uncles you haven't met."

Jersey narrowed her eyes at him. That didn't make her feel better at all. She didn't know what type of people his cousins, aunts, and uncles were. They were probably similar to Bernie. Bitter and hateful.

Bernie.

The thought of the old lady made Jersey feel sick to her stomach. She wrinkled her nose while stepping inside the house with Malcolm. The house was filled with family members.

It didn't take people long to crowd them. Jersey remembered a few familiar faces from Frida's birthday party. She greeted them warmly and allowed them to coo over Harlem.

"He's so handsome." Jordan, Malcolm's cousin, gushed. She glanced over at Jersey and said, "I didn't even know you were pregnant. Congratulations."

Jersey pushed out a soft laugh because she didn't know she was pregnant at the time.

"Thank you."

It took a minute to get rid of the thick crowd. People wanted to speak with Malcolm and see the baby. They didn't believe that Malcolm was a father. He was known as a somber businessman who was solo. They assumed Malcolm would never settle down and create a family.

However, his life changed after meeting Jersey. Now, Malcolm wanted a relationship, and he wanted a little family. He liked what he had. He loved being around Jersey and his son. The man wouldn't trade them for the world.

"You finally made it."

Jersey looked over and realized it was Dock. He stood there with a nonchalant expression on his face. His hand went up to his tie. He adjusted it while keeping his attention on his nephew.

"Yeah, traffic was a little backed up."

Dock nodded his head lightly and said, "I'm glad that you're here." He placed his attention on Jersey and eventually looked over at the baby lying in his car seat. This was Dock's first-time seeing Harlem.

"Look at him...." Dock pushed out while getting a better look at Harlem. "This is a handsome boy."

He didn't bother to touch the baby.

"Thanks, man." Malcolm pushed out while glancing at Jersey's way.

"And look at those big hands. He's gonna play some football."

Malcolm looked down and realized his son had big hands like him. He would probably play a sport. He would probably be as tall as him.

"I need to use the restroom." Jersey tried whispering to Malcolm.