CHAPTER THREE

~•••••••••••••••~

He was waiting for me outside. He looked stunning, even though he always had that mask on his face. I wondered what he looked like.

"How was it?" he asked.

"It's good, sir. I'll miss everything. But I guess I won't regret it if I accept your offer, sir," I said.

"Hmmm... well then, let's go home," he replied.

"Home?" I said, surprised.

"Yes, I'll take you to my home tonight."

"But we just talked about this earlier."

"I guess it is so sudden, sir. I have to go home to get my things and pay for the apartment," I said. He looked at me and smirked.

What's with him smirking like that? Even if only half of his face was visible, I knew he was a good-looking man. From the tip of his nose to his kissable lips, I could tell he was gorgeous.

"Let my men handle that," he said.

"Do they know where I live?"

He nodded.

I didn't say a word after that. I stayed quiet when I saw him leaning his head frustratingly on the headboard. Why did he seem so exhausted? I knew I had just met him, but it worried me to see him looking frustrated and anxious.

I would see his room again, and that excited me. Why was I excited, though? I didn't know why. Perhaps I just missed the place? Or did I want to be with him? I knew it was sudden, but the offer made me want to make it real. I mean, for real. Not a fake partner.

"Mr. President, if you don't mind, may I know your reason for choosing me to be your fake partner?" I asked. He looked at me with those scary eyes. I shouldn't have asked. "I'm so sorry; I shouldn't have asked—" I realized he was resting.

"I'll answer you when we get home," he said coldly.

I felt a sudden wave of embarrassment. I just nodded and stayed quiet. It confused me why an alpha like him would want me to pretend to be his fake partner. Is this it? Am I going to be free from bullying and finally have the freedom to do whatever I want? To live a normal life like everyone else?

If this benefits me, then I won't hesitate to do what he wants.

However, Mr. President is a scary man. I admit that he is a likable person.

---

When we finally got home, he went inside his room first while I waited for him to come out and talk to me about that important matter.

"Why are you sitting there, Mr. Yoon? Mr. President is waiting for you upstairs. The Hunter you met five months ago," said Mr. Wang, the butler.

My heart was beating so fast.

"Hunter, did you say, sir?" I asked, surprised. He nodded. I didn’t know why, but I felt happy to hear it.

I don’t know why, but hearing it again made me excited. Yes, I knew he had said earlier that he was indeed the Hunter I had been looking for.

I ran upstairs, but suddenly I realized I didn’t know where his room was. I had forgotten the way.

I had to find his room immediately; I couldn't stop my heart from racing, and I was really excited. He was the Hunter I was looking for. Every time I thought about it, I couldn't help but giggle. Why was his place so big that you could get lost in just a second? I suddenly felt exhausted, and my head was spinning.