CHAPTER ONE

ONE

It was the weekend, which meant it was Liam's day off from both work and school. However, as a graduating college student, he had to work twice as hard. He also needed money to pay his tuition before graduation. His professor had even threatened that if he didn’t settle the full amount by the end of the year, he wouldn’t be able to graduate. The fear of not graduating weighed heavily on him, especially since he dreamed of working for a company he had his heart set on. Although he was a scholar, it wasn’t a full scholarship, so he still had to cover half of the tuition, which he hadn’t been able to fully pay yet.

He still hadn’t seen the person who helped him five months ago. Liam wanted to find him and express his gratitude formally, but he believed it was impossible to encounter him again. He assumed that the man who had helped him was busy and not very sociable. He even tried searching for "Hunter" online, but found nothing and eventually gave up.

Liam thought he wouldn’t survive that night, even though he managed to escape from those men who had pursued him. The memory still lingered in his mind, leaving him traumatized and afraid for his safety. He moved last month to avoid those men who continued to chase after him. Clueless about self-defense, he had no idea how his life might end. This uncertainty led him to choose an apartment far from school, but it was the only place he could afford.

"Liam, what took you so long? We already have a lot of customers here!" the manager approached him, scolding him.

"Sorry, manager," was all he could say to apologize, knowing that if he spoke too much and offered excuses, he would receive another scolding.

"No more 'sorry' next time. If it happens again, I’ll fire you." He bit his lower lip in embarrassment as his co-workers looked at him and offered reassuring smiles that said, "It's okay."

He got to work, cleaning the restaurant, mopping the floor, and sometimes taking on the role of a waiter. He managed to carry it all, but the manager, Jang, didn't want him to be late for work, which is why he was always getting scolded. The manager couldn’t understand Liam’s situation or what he was going through.

"Liam, throw this garbage in the back," the manager said. He quickly grabbed the trash bags and got ready to dispose of them. The trash bin was a bit far from the restaurant, so it would take him a few extra steps to get there.

When he finally disposed of the trash, he suddenly heard a loud voice coming from nowhere, causing him to panic and hide, remembering how he had almost been raped and kidnapped. He was a man, but he felt clumsy and helpless. He was also a rare Male Omega in this generation.

A  loud voice echoed nearby, and he realized it was coming from not far away. Suddenly, he felt a strange sensation in his body after hearing the loud moan of an omega. He quickly covered his mouth and hid.

"Was he moaning in pain or pleasure?" He wondered, uncertain himself.

"Please, S-stop! I can't take it, anymore. Ah!" He heard the other omega's moan and groaning.

Tears streamed down his cheeks as he trembled in fear. He thought something terrible was happening, but the moans sounded like a mix of pain and pleasure.

"What is going on? He’s moaning loudly—what could they possibly be doing in a place like this? Why does it bother me anyway? I’ve been so sensitive lately. I bet it’s just an omega in heat. I should head back before I get another scolding from the manager." He felt curious, but just as he was about to step out from his hiding spot, heavy rain began to pour. He had no choice but to hide again and wait for the rain to stop.

It had been an hour, but the rain was still pouring. He remained hidden, afraid that someone might see him and approach. He tried to glance toward the source of the man's voice, but the heavy rain drowned out any other sounds, leaving him even more curious about what had happened there. He wanted to see if he could help, but he knew it was impossible to find answers in this situation.