four

chapter four [ werido on elm street ]

chapter four
[ werido on elm street ]

it was wills turn to keep watch. that's one of many plans they made up. one keeps watch while the other tries to get some sleep.

melissa laid down on the uncomfortable blanket that was in castle byers. her hair was stiff and she hated the feeling.

will, on the other hand, loved how she looked. even if she was covered in disgusting slime, she made it look good. he couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"will," melissa mumbled, "i know your staring at me."

wills eyes widened and he looked away, a rosy color covering his cheeks.

melissa smiled, opening her eyes. she grabbed his hand causing him to look back at her, "are you okay?"

he nodded, "yeah, im fine."

liar.

melissa could tell he was lying. she could always tell when he's lying.

"will," she sang, "i know you're lying."

"what?! no-no im not." he defended, standing up and walking out of castle byers.

melissa followed him, making sure he didn't go that far. he stopped, "it's just." will sighed, turning around to face melissa, "we're trapped here. alone."

mel frowned, nodding in agreement. he was right they were trapped here. no idea if they'd ever get out.

"we have each other and we'll stay together." she began, walking toward will. her having to look down when they got close because of the height difference between them.

melissa was always a little more taller then will.

"me and you, till the end of the line."

"till the end of the line."

the two smiled as they hugged, walking back to castle byers. staying low was a good idea.

🤍

the search party continued till late at night and then into the next morning. that's when powell and callahan came to check up on hopper.

hopper wasn't ready to give up yet. he knew his girl was out there. somewhere.

"chief?" powell called out, "is that you?"