After the loss(angst+Fluff)

Dreamtale had gone silent, emptied of its residents. The grass, wherever there wasn't blood, had died. Corpses and dust lay scattered, increasing mass the further you went. At the peak of a small hill is where it all stops suddenly, leaving a clearing that surrounds a ragged stump of a tree. And only feet from the stump is a statue.

The statue almost seemed like a living thing encased in stone. The strangest part of it is the golden tears it seemed to cry. Reaper had just arrived in Dreamtale, a slight somber expression on his face at the sight of all that was left from the carnage. He grips his scythe loosely, almost unsure where to start. He glances up, his empty eye sockets fixating on the tattered stump and the statue that holds next to it. He takes a deep breath before he begins to do his job, reaping the souls of those who have died.

It doesn't take long for him to finish, but it does take longer than expected. By the end of his reaping he's grown tired, now standing on his feet instead of floating as normal. He glances back up to the stump and the statue next to it for a moment before deciding to approach, his curiosity winning over his tiredness. As he approaches the statue he can't help but feel like it's alive. He takes a moment to look closer... are those tears he's seeing? The golden tears continue to fall from the Statues sockets, almost as if mourning the lives lost.

It holds the pose of reaching out. For what, one can only guess. While the other and is clutching something to it's chest.the object glitters like gold, even with no sun. Reaper frowns a bit as he walks around the statue. He takes a quiet note of the position. His hand runs over the statue slightly before he turns his attention to the golden object. He wonders if he could pull it out. He slowly reaches for it, lightly touching the object with a sense of care.

It seems to radiate positivity. So does the Statue. The statue's tears seem to increase as Reaper touches it. The object dims ever so slightly. Almost as if it could feel the emotions Reaper had. But that was silly. It was just a statue. Reaper hums softly, his somber mood getting replaced by pure curiosity. He smiles a bit, continuing to exam the statue. He tilts his head slightly, reaching up and poking at the statue's tears.

They felt warm to the touch. They leave trails as it runs over his fingertips. The closer one looks, the more they would notice dark globs on the statue. Reaper hums in what could be considered morbid curiosity, he takes notice of dark globs only to frown. He moves slowly, making an attempt to wipe away the dark globs on the statue. They were stubborn, refusing to be wiped away. The tears had slowed to a stop. It was all strange if one's not familiar with the AU.

A skeletal statue, a ruined tree. Without context, it made no sense to any random person. 

Reaper huffs when the black goop refuses to give way. He sighs softly, gently wiping away what's left of the tears on the statue's face. He steps back and slowly takes a moment to take in his surroundings. This place must've been pretty, he thinks to himself, I wonder what happened here. He glances to the tree stump before he decides to sit next to it, gently leaning against the stump.

It's dead silent. The grass near the stump had been stained by marrow and more of the odd goop. There is also a hollow under the roots, filled with nick nacks and books. Reaper tilts his head at the sight of the hollow. He moves and reaches inside, pulling out one of the books and looking through it.

He looks inside the hollow for more interesting times, pulling things out carefully. Some of the items where handmade, wilted flower crowns, and other handmade objects fit for mostly kids. But the most interesting was two circlets made of woven twigs. Reaper carefully runs his hands over the objects with pure curiosity. He glances back to the book for a moment before looking towards the statue.

"You're a mysterious little statue, aren't you?"

There was no reply, but new tears had begun to slip down it's cheeks. One really wouldn't be able to shake the feeling that it isn't a statue at all. The book's cover held a handwritten title on it. It read 'Dreamtale' in a elegant script. Reaper grips the book again, curling up a bit before opening it and setting it in his lap. He reads through the book slowly, humming softly.