Chapter 1

IMPORTANT Author's Note: This story gives spoilers for the plot of Banana Fish, read at your own risk. Backstory: Eiji went back to Japan after he figured out that Griffin was Ash's brother. This was after Skipper died, but right after Ash got out of prison. He hadn't met Max yet, but he had met Ash's gang. SPOILERS Shorter and Ash didn't die. The whole 'Banana Fish' thing happened while Eiji was away, but the people who died didn't die in this universe/story only Skip. Also this is my first story so don't expect much, thank you!

Even though it's been about three years, Eiji can't stop thinking about Ash. His rare smile, golden hair, shining skin, even the crying comforted Eiji. To hear that crying again would mean that Ash is right there next to him, which he longed for profoundly. The number of boyfriends Eiji has had has grown to a number even he can't even count to anymore. His mentality is 'fake it till you make it,' maybe if he keeps having new relationships, he'll forget about the one he couldn't have, the one he still wants. His mom and Ibe are extremely concerned, but both know better than to say anything.

Ash told Eiji to leave, and reluctantly he did, staying would only hurt them. Though a short time was spent together, there was some kind or romantic feeling between Ash and Eiji, but they were both too distracted to realize it until after he left. For Ash, the danger of the streets and constant attacks had his mind filled with protecting Eiji and not why he wanted to do so. For Eiji, protecting and helping Ash was all he could think about, for he didn't understand what was going on most of the time.

Eiji's most recent boyfriend, Sato, is very kind, loving and understanding at the start of their relationship. Recently he has developed controlling and jealous traits, but still gives Eiji affection, so Eiji hasn't noticed the change. They have been together for around three months. From context clues and mindless babbling, Sato has picked up that Eiji had a terrible ex that was abusive or something. Obviously he doesn't know how far off he is. Sato is 183cm (6ft), has short, neatly cut brown hair with a side part.

The beginning of their relationship started at a fast food restaurant. Sato was hungry one late night at around 10:30, that time just happened to be the start of Eiji's shift. He walked into the nearest restaurant, it was empty and looked almost deserted. A pale, black haired employee walked out to the counter from a round silver door.

"Hello, what can I get for ya?" the employee asked cheerfully

"Um- I'll have, uh- can I get, uh" Sato was overwhelmed by the extraordinary beauty of the man in front of him

"Do you need a minute?" he chuckles, he finds this customer's awkwardness quite cute

"Ugh, no, sorry. May I have the Fruit Salad, please? No dressing" he changed his order to make it seem as though he was a healthy eater

"Of course, anything else?" the employee asked

"No thank you" he slid his card in. Declined.

"It was declined, try swiping it again," he said. Declined. "That's fine, it's on me" This better pay off, the worker thought

"Oh no, you don't have to do that" Sato protested

"It's fine, you can pay me back with your company" the worker said as he walked back to the kitchen.

Sato turned bright red as he waddled to a table. After about five minutes, the employee waltzed back into the seating area with a red tray in hand with a salad packed in a plastic container. He yells something about taking his break to someone in the kitchen. Then sits down opposite Sato.

"So, what's your name?" the worker asks

"Sato Akio, yours?" Sato replies

"I'm Eiji Okumora..." And a relationship started.