Explain it to Alfonso

She leaned in and took Alfonso's hand in her and looking at him seriously.

"Baby....mommy and daddy are getting a divorce." Irene declared and waited for our son's reaction. I can see on Irene's eye na nasasaktan siya. As expected Alfonso had a look of confusion of his face.

"What's a divorce? He asked, looking at me.

" It's means daddy and mommy are not going to live together anymore. And you will live with mommy and sometimes with daddy some other times." I did my best to explain to him. His small eyes widened and rushed over to Irene's lap, looking at her.

"Is it true mommy? Daddy is joking right? Its not true right?" He asked his mother, completely panicked. Irene shook his head.

" No baby, daddy is not joking" she replied.
Alfonso's eyes teared up and soon his cheeks were filled with tears as he sobbed, hugging his mother tightly. He was to young to fully understand what was happening, but he got that it was sad and that he wouldn't like it.

"I don't wanna. I want mommy and daddy here, always! I hate divorce! It's mean." he protested between his sob, clutching Irene's shirt. The sight was heart shattering and I almost started crying too, but I refrain. I couldn't cry. If I cried, it would worry Alfonso even more.

Irene rob his back softly, swaying him gently and whispering comforting words in his ear. But Alfonso kept crying and he did for at least an hour before falling asleep of exhausted.

Irene tugged him in bed and kissed his forehead, quickly leaving the room. But I still had a time to notice the tears escaping her eyes.