Memories.

IRENE'S POV:

The weather on this fourth of February was terrible. I had just finished my literature class at university and I had practically ran in the streets to find shelter from the coldness of the outside. I finally spotted a small coffee shop and hurried inside. I started warming up and removed my gloves, shoving them in my purse. I heard adorable chuckle coming from in front of me. "I'm guessing you want an extra-warm coffee love? It will warm you up a bit" a deep voice with a lovely British accent  spoke up. I looked up and observe the cashier, a boy approach at the back mine. A black haired guy with a beautiful brown eyes. I blushed as I realized that I was starring and looked down.

The guy asked me "Can i treat you a coffee miss?" he said.

"T-that would be nice, yes" I replied with a shy smile as I walked closer to look at the different coffee that available." A vanilla flavored cappuccino please" I added, getting my wallet out. "No miss sagot ko na" he said. I watched him getting his money from his wallet, unable to look away. He was very attractive. He turned around and gave me my cup, a smile on his lips showing off his dimples. I got some money out to hand it to the cashier and the guy hold my hand to stop  me paying my coffee. 

"Ako na miss, I offer with all my heart and hindi kita sisingilin" he told me.

"P-Pero nakakahiya and i have my own money here"

"Nah don't worry about it. I hope you have a nice day" He sadi once again showing off his teeth.

"Alright, thank you very much then" I replied, smiling back at him. I put my coffee down on the counter just the time to put on my gloves the grabbed it again, exciting the shop. I walked to bus stop ans, as I waited, I took a sip. It was truly delicious. It was then that I noticed the small sticker note on my cup.

"Hi, My name is Greggy ;) 09123456789"

I got on the bus, smiling shyly into my scarf.

I woke up with a gasp, sweating and painting. I reached to my left side by reflex, only to find it cold and empty. I sat up in bed and rested my forehead on my knees, waiting for my breathing to calm down. Once I felt stable enough, I stood up and walked downstairs into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of water form the fridge. I sat on the counter and drank, still uneasy because of my dream. Well, my memory. Nakilala ko si Greggy that day, without knowing na he was son of Araneta and he was so famous.

Ever since he left, I found myself dreaming about that day every night. Every night I woke up and tried to calm down and not break down in tears. I couldn't, I had to be strong kasi ako naman yung umayaw, ako yung sumuko at para narin kay Alfonso. I was the one who asked for the divorce, I had to assume it. I  couldn't admit I missed him so much, I couldn't say na Mahal ko parin siya.

"Mommy?" I heard from the entrance of the kitchen. Looking down, I saw Alfonso standing there and rubbing his tired eyes. I got off the counter and picked him up, rubbing his back softly.

"What are you doing up baby? You should be sleeping" I told him as I walked back to his room. I put him down in his bed and tugged him in properly, handing his favorite plush toy, one that Greggy had bought Him before he was even born.

"Miss Daddy. Wanna see him. I want Daddy to sing me a song to sleep" he said sleepily with an adorable pout," I wanna call Daddy, can I?" he asked me.

I sighed and nodded, knowing he wouldn't sleep until he got his song. I didn't want to bother Greggy in the middle of the night, but he had told Alfonso he could call him so I would allow him to. I walked to my room to grab a phone and composed his cellphone number, which I obviously knew by heart. He answered on the first ring, like always when I called him.

"Maha--Irene? Is there something wrong?" he asked, his voice deeper than usual since he was probably sleeping before I called.

"Not exactly....uhmmm Alfonso...Alfonso wants a song" I replied, having a hard time controlling the "And I want you to come home Mahal" that really wanted to escape my lips.

"Oh...Alright, let me talk to him" he said with relief, surely because nothing dramatic had happened, and with some disappointment as well. I didn't understand why though. I walked back into Alfonso's room and let him hold the phone close to his ear, a bright smile soon appearing on his sleepy face right as he heard his Daddy's voice. They spoke for a few minutes and I heard Greggy's melodic voice as he began singing the lullaby he always sang to him before going to sleep.

After a while, Alfonso was sleeping soundly and the phone fell down on the pillow. I picked it up and placed it against my ear, hearing that Greggy was still singing" Thank you Greggy, he's asleep now" I interrupted him.

"Oh good. I'm glad you called even this late. I don't want you thinking it would be bother"

Greggy told me, his voice not as sleepy as earlier.

"Well, I did think it would bother but you said you'd let him call so I thought it would be fine since it was for Alfonso" I replied

"Irene, even if it wasn't Alfonso, it would be fine. You's never bother me Irene" he said, making me catch my breath. What could I answer to that? That I think about calling him every second? na lagi lagi ko siyang hinanahanap when I wake up, kahit alam kong wala siya sa piling ko?

"A-alright. Thank you Greggy....Miss...I mean Goodnight: I told him, unsure of what to say.

"Goodnight Irene, I love you and I miss you" he said quietly, pronouncing my name in that way and saying he love me and miss me just made me shiver. Every time he said that, it always made me react that way. I ended the call and kissed Alfonso's forehead before standing up. I walked back into my room. I put the phone down on the bedside table then laid down and hugged Greggy's pillow to my chest. It still smelt like Greggy, and I felt tears falling down my cheeks. I just couldn't hold it.

"Mahal miss na miss na kita, sobra....I'm sorry kung umayaw na ako na ipagpatuloy pa ang ating relasyon kasi i know na wala rin namang patutunguhan ito, masasaktan lang tayo. I love you and I miss you Mahal" I said while crying before closing my eyes.