Chapter 2 - Bloody Forest

Minho tried everything to wake up but it was no use, he couldn't. Every time he opens his eyes from a deep slumber or from passing out, he would always see the huge trees and still hears the yells and grunts of the crying crowd.

Many questions are running in his head for a couple of days now. He noticed a lot of things throughout his journey in this endless maze.

There's no day time and It's always night time. He also noticed how the people who commits suicide comes back to life. If only that's how easy it is.

Minho himself wanted to commit suicide maybe that will help him wake up but no matter how hard he tried to do it, he couldn't. Maybe it's how he was raised. He wasn't a loser and he loves his life. Even if it's just in a dream.

"Aren't you tired?" He turned around, meeting the golden eyes of that same man who left him with so many unanswered questions. "Why do you care? Go away." Minho aggressively said and walked faster.

The man followed the unusual soul and studied how he walks, talks and behaves. "You're the first one here, you know." Minho rolled his eyes and stopped his tracks. "Stop lying, I've seen so many people."

"What's your name?" The man asked, laying down on his fog while looking up, his head resting on his arms. "Aren't you supposed to know my name? You're in my dream." Minho picked up some healthy leaves and sucks the water out of it.

"You're clearly not dead so I don't know your name." Minho looked back at the male and raised his eyebrows. "Are you the grim reaper?" The man laughed loudly and sat up, amused at the mind of the mere mortal.

"I'm better than the grim reaper. What kind of fruits do you like? I bet you're hungry. After all, you're a human." Minho showed him the leaf he picked up earlier. "This is safer than the food you're offering." The man smiled and shrugged. "Okay then."

Minho continued walking and felt lonely now that the man behind him isn't talking anymore. He felt guilty for turning down the offer so he looked back and saw no one. Was he imagining that guy?

His stomach growled lowly as he passed the long trees where the soil is covered in dried blood. The trees also has a tint of red. It's like a blood forest.

A few meters away from him, he saw the same boy who gave him the flower. Is he an accomplice? But he's too young to be one. Minho thought. "Kid!" He called out, waving his hand at the boy who looked at him strangely.

"Yes?" The boy asked as soon as he walked closer. "Do you remember me?" The boy nodded, no emotions shown on his face. Minho is usually good with kids so he doesn't understand why he has no effect on this child.

"You seem to know a lot about this place, can you help me?" The boy stayed still and kept his mouth shut. He just stared at Minho for a few seconds. "Don't you want to get out of here? I'm really lost." Minho explained, taking the leaf off the boy's hair.

"By the way, what's your name?" Minho asked when the younger isn't reacting to his pleads at all. "I'm Felix." The boy mumbled, turning his back and continues to stare at that particular tree where he was standing earlier.

Minho sighed, turning around to walk away but the child's voice stopped him from doing so. "What's yours?" He asked. Minho turned his head and smiled a little. "I'm Minho."

Again, the boy disappeared into thin air. Minho thought maybe the boy is the key. "This way then." He said to himself and followed the trail of blood into the deep forest.

The boy whose name is Felix sat on his throne and checked the list of souls he has. 'Minho' isn't there. Is he a threat? The God asked himself and continued to watch the lost soul wander in the bloody forest where most of the souls he's handling are killing themselves.

"I'll have to make a trip." The God said out loud, leaving his throne room unattended as he rode his fog and disappeared, visiting his friends to check their lists.

Minho was sweating as it was getting hotter and darker. His gut is telling him he's going the right way but it's almost impossible for him physically to pass this forest. He raised his head and sighed when he couldn't see an exit. As expected.

"Lee Minho, you should really rest more." He mumbled and sat down on the bloody soil. His clothes are now covered in sweat, blood and dirt. "What did I even do that I had to sleep for this long?" He wiped his sweat on his forehead with his pajama sleeves and leaned back on the tree.

He looked up and saw nothing but darkness. The leaves and grass around him are wilted. Is it because of the blood that's covering it? Come to think of it, he saw so many people back at where he spawned but not even a shadow here.

He suddenly got the chills. His body getting goosebumps as he looked around and saw no one. There's no fog here too and it helps him see more of the trail of blood. Is there a reason why his dream is letting him see the trail?

He found hope.

He quickly stood up and ran towards the darkest part of the forest. There must be a reason. He thought.

After a while, his legs starts to ache along with his toes. He couldn't even breathe properly anymore because of how exhausted he is.

When he looked around, there was no blood around him anymore. The forest was dark but he still can see. He didn't miss the scattered ashes on the soil and most importantly the garden full of the same flower he got a while back.

Ashes. Flowers.

He gasped when he realized what he has been looking for. That man and the child. "Felix was it?" He asked himself out loud. Birds sang as they flew away but it wasn't a beautiful song. It was terrifying.

He took a deep breath and walked in slowly. Following the flowers on his way in. Soon, most of the trees are now gone. All that's left are flowers, ashes, scattered leaves and bird feathers.

"Hello? Is anyone there?" He asked out loud as his heart beats faster than usual. He turned his head when he heard rustles but there was no one there. "Hello?" He repeated as he stepped forward.

He stopped on his tracks when the fog slowly covered the surroundings. He couldn't see anything but gray. His body tensed, unable to move a muscle as his nightmare continued.

"HELLO!?" Minho yelled. He could hear so much rustling and he could feel the dead leaves blowing towards him. "SHOW YOURSELF!"

He saw a figure walking towards him as he squints his eyes. The robe was riding the wind and he immediately knew who it was. "I knew you'd be here." Minho proudly said and grinned.

He won't show this thing how scared he really is. He's more than that. He's braver than everyone else.

"You're really an interesting one. How come a living soul wanders the land of the dead?" The man asked. His voice was deeper than Minho remembers. "Let's stop the game, Minho. Submit to me and I'll let you live."