Chapter 5 - Necklace

Felix was focused on his duties while Minho plans his way out. He kept his attention on Felix as he does what he was assigned to do. Cleaning.

He started with the shelves then the dusty boxes that he hasn't touched yet. For a God, Felix really lives up to his title. No food, no drinks, and no necessities needed. Just boxes full of human remains.

For studies, I guess? He thought. "Look at them, desperately trying to find me." Minho heard Felix laugh like a madman. He's supposed to be used to this but he's can't. It's still scary.

He gulped and picked up a small box that is too fancy looking to be covered in dust. He figured it's just Felix's stolen item from a dead human. "Is this important to you?" He asked, covering the fear in his voice.

Felix turned around with an innocent smile plastered on his face. "I don't know. Why?" Minho opened the box and took the jeweled necklace from its container.

It was golden. The dark green stone was so captivating and it was pulling Minho in. "What the-" He squinted his eyes and saw his reflection on it. He saw himself smiling just like Felix was earlier. Their smiles are the same.

"Ha-" Felix collapsed on the ground with his hand clenching his chest. His golden eyes slowly fading its color. "Felix! Are you okay?" Minho ran towards the God but kept the necklace in his grip.

It didn't want Minho to let go.

"Give me that necklace." Minho showed Felix the necklace but deep inside him, he doesn't want the God to have it. "Why?"

Slowly, Minho realized. Felix grew weaker for a God in a span of minutes. "Give it to me!" Felix yelled and it made Minho fall back on his butt. Even though the god is weak now, he still sounds scary. Still intimidating.

"No." Minho gulped and stood up, tightening his grip on the jewelry. He doesn't know what it is but it's his chance to escape. To leave this hell.

He ran around, trying to find the exit of the place. He touched all the walls, pressing and pulling things that are on it as if he was in a movie.

Felix laughed at Minho's situation. He just sat there, gasping as the glow in his eyes finally disappeared. "You'll never get out of here." Minho pressed his back against the wall as fog starts to approach him very slowly.

Felix is using his remaining strength to capture the human but it will take a while. The living soul pressed the jewelry on his chest, eyes covered in fear.

"Let me out of here." He whispered. Felix groaned in pain as the jewel glowed slightly but immediately returned to its dark green color.

Minho saw it. Minho saw hope. He took a deep breath and clenched on the necklace. "Let me out of here!" He yelled and all of a sudden, Felix screamed that made the platform shake.

Minho then saw Felix's eyes for the last time. They were brighter than ever, it's almost like sun rays are from his eyes.

Then he found himself standing on a stony path. Trees were bright and light was seen. Actual daylight. Is he back?

He looked down at his palm and saw the necklace still stuck on him. His reflection still staring at him with a smile. "What.."

He's not back. He's still in this hellhole. "Felix?" A voice from far away was heard. Minho immediately wore the necklace and it became a normal gold thin string. No jewels.

He hid behind the huge tree and watched three figures walking closer to where he was. "That's weird. I definitely felt Felix came in." The man said and looked around.

Felix? Why would he feel I'm Felix? Minho focused on the man who was looking for the God he left a few minutes ago.

He was gorgeous. The two men beside him were naked but he was fully clothed. Before he could take a better look on the man's face, they turned around and disappeared from Minho's sight.

The human touched the string around his neck. His heart beating faster than before. "Take me out of this hell." He confidently ordered but nothing happened. He tried again but still no luck.

"Why aren't you working anymore?" He frustratingly asked the jewelry around his neck. "Take me back to earth!" He yelled but not loud enough to attract the men earlier.

This can't be happening to me.. Minho sat down on the dirt and tears just ran down his cheeks. He thought his nightmare was over but its not. It was just starting.

He was scared of everything. He was scared of Felix finding him anytime soon and he was sure the god would kill him this time. "Why are you crying?"

He looked up and saw the gorgeous man from earlier. He was looking down at Minho from his window. It's almost like a tower.

"You did something to Felix." The man grinned and jumped down in a smooth motion. He landed right in front of Minho, who couldn't take his eyes of him. His long hair complimented his sheer beauty and the light breeze that somehow flew around made his heart flutter. But Minho jumped back. No human could survive that jump.

"W-who are you?" Minho backed away, eyes meeting the mystical ones of the other.

"Does it matter who I am? You're the one who came in uninvited." The man said. His voice was soothing and tempting. It's like Minho was being pulled in by desire. "You're a living soul."

"Stop calling me that." The man laughed and it was like music to Minho's ears. What's the deal with this dude?

The man sat in front of Minho. "What did you do to him?" The human gasped when the man lifted his chin up.

The man's fingertips were cold but it was pleasant. "I don't know what you're talking about." He bravely replied. "Interesting." The man stood up and pulled Minho up as well.

"I can't let you go though. Felix warned me about a living soul even if you look harmless." Minho followed the man up in the tower.

He wasn't dumb, he was lost, maybe a bit dazed too. The stairs were kinda mossy, adding to the fairytale image of the place.

"Do you need a drink or food?" Minho looked around the place as he sat down on the chair the man offered him. The room was well lit, gray old walls -which didn't look bad per say. Like the rest of the whole furniture the room just looked... old.

Minho tried to ignore the red four-poster bed, where the bed sheets were crumpled together and spread on it; and the remaining smell of hormones in the air. Or how the white satin shirt of the other slipped off one shoulder, leaving a good view on the "aftermath" of his activites. I'm not uptight but... what the fuck?

"Where are we?" The man chuckled as he brewed tea. Minho thought it was scary. Not because of the man but because of how humanly he is. How human like the place is.

It was so different from Felix's place, where nothing reminded him of the slightes bit of humanity... including the view of all the tortured souls right outside his window. Minho shuddered.

The long-haired pulled him out of his thoughts as he placed the cup of tea on the old-fashioned table.

He sat down on a chair across him, gracefully crossing one leg over the other. "I doubt you'd want to know."

"Considering where I've been, I doubt I'll be surprised anymore."