Note VIII: Healing Night

*At Night*

After a whole day of bed rest, Boss Dami woke up from her needed sleep. Just as her eyes focused on the room she was in, Siyeon came back into the room, holding 2 bottles of water and a handful of snacks. Seeing that the Boss was awake, she rushed towards the bed.

"Boss, are you okay?" she hastily asked, her eyes searching for any reaction from her.

The Boss's vision was still blurry, as she blinked and looked around the room. "W-where am I?"

"You're in the hospital, Boss."

Hearing the word 'hospital', Boss Dami immediately tried to sit up. "H-hospital? How did I--" but she stopped speaking as she felt a flare of pain coming from her stomach. Right where the wound was, she looked down to see it was neatly bandaged, but she saw no blood seeping into the white cloth.

Siyeon quickly held onto Boss Dami, limiting her movements. "Careful, your wound just got stitched. Don't force yourself to move right now."

At Siyeon's words and the sudden wave of fatigue she felt, Boss Dami gave up as she slowly lay back on the bed. She let out a deep sigh. "Did Joshua send me here?" The Boss gulped suddenly feeling thirsty.

Siyeon didn't want to admit that it was her because she didn't wish Boss Dami to be any more angry or annoyed by what she did. "Y-yes, it was him."

Boss Dami paused as she raised an opened water bottle. She looked at her for a few seconds, then gave her a small smirk. "It was you, wasn't it?"

"Wha--"

"I know him. He's the first to know about my condition. And since he already knew about this and did not send me here..." She trailed off and glanced at Siyeon. "You're worried about me?" She continued and smiled in a smug manner. Making the other woman's face turn red.

"I-I didn't. Wasn't!" She immediately turned away. Feeling embarrassed the Boss chuckled watching her. At that time, Boss Dami glanced at the clock on the wall which had already passed 10 at night.

"Guess I must have missed dinner time," she said.

"A-are you hungry? I can go out and buy some food. I think there are some food vendors near here." Siyeon wanted to help her buy the food but the Boss refused as it was dangerous to go out at this time. She had heard many stories from the girls she helped and how they got in trouble.

Boss Dami shook her head. "It's alright. Just please call Joshua to buy it. You may use my phone. Is it with you?"

Siyeon nodded. "Y-yeah."

While Siyeon tried to contact Joshua, Boss Dami only then glanced at Siyeon as she smiled.

'You're worried about me, right sunbae?'

-----------------------------

Thirty minutes later, Joshua marched inside the room, hands full with plastic bags full of hot food. "Your food delivery has arrived! Thank goodness the staff let me in with the food during this time," he laughed, greeting Boss Dami and Siyeon.

"I'm sorry for bothering you at this hour, Joshua," apologized Siyeon.

"Nah, it's fine. I told you to let me know if you need anything." Siyeon nodded.

Joshua placed the food on the coffee table next to the Boss's bed. "Anyways, I got some healthy stuff for you, boss, ones you like to eat; roasted sweet potatoes, banana, and green tea." He continued pulling the food out of the bags as he said them. "Oh yeah, I bought some red bean fish bread for you, Miss Lee Siyeon."