So what's your story?

At the end of the day friends and I wee heading towards the bus stop when Jess had a revelation "You guys we're meant to be going to that place we have to help out at" it seems like my dear friend does have a brain after all, and with that we turned on our heels and walked to the club which we now knew was called Sunny Days the place was only a few blocks down the street so we decided to walk there.
Soon though we were met by Jess's boyfriend Charlie who just wouldn't leave us alone and he ended up walking us all the way to Sunny Days, when we arrived we said our goodbyes to Charlie and headed inside the lady at the front desk gave us visitor badges and hello my name is stickers as we filled in said stickers we wee walked into a room full of people who were obviously the disabled kids we agreed to help.
The woman from the front desk who's name is Trisha started to introduce us to the group like so "Okay today we have some volunteers here to help this is..." "Umm"
So we all took turns to introduce ourselves "hi I'm Mallory" Mallory started she was then followed by Lizzy saying "hi I'm Lizzy" this was soon followed by Jess who almost shouted "HI I'M JESS" next came Emily the quietest so far as she mumbled "Hi I'm Emily" they all looked at me expectantly so I cleared my throat and "hi I'm Lily" came out of my mouth, Trisha nodded turned to us and said that today we were going swimming and that we would be required to help the other kids who now that I could see them better they looked about our age.
Once we reached the pool we want our separate ways to change, when we reached the girls changing rooms we got changed in a stoner silence. As soon as e were changed we headed to the pool to find the group ready and waiting for us.
"Okay now there are five girls and five of you who need someone to help you" Trisha shouted so the whole group to here. "Lily could you please work with Toby" when I looked around confused as to who Toby was I saw a boy my age waving shyly at me, as Trisha kept shouting out who the other are going to work with I slowly. Made my way over to Toby, "hi I'm Toby" he muttered as I reached him. "Hi I'm Lily" I said in return, I wanted to know what his disability was but didn't want to ask. Toby started to chuckle "What?" I asked him
"You want to know what my disability is, don't you?" I only nodded in response sensing a blush creep across my cheeks, this only made Toby laugh harder. Once he had calmed down he said "I'm paralysed in my left leg" he looked down at said leg and sighed "It was a car accident when I was three."
On that happy note I suggested that we start the swimming, I helped him get into the pool and once he was in the pool Toby quietly admitted to me "I never learnt how to swim, because I was only three when the crash happened I never wanted to learn." He suddenly turned to me and asked "so what's your story?"